Geocaching.....?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im so going to do this on the weekend, hes hoping something actually made it to perth for once (we are a bit behind the rest of the world)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

KC_read, it's all over the world. There are geocaches in the middle of the north pole. I you live on earth, there is a geocache within 15km of your house.

Its a fun little thing to go.. you can get apps on smartphone to direct you to some of them. Honest im yet to find one with anything cool in it (hope to find one of the coin things sometime) but a number of times looking for one has taken me to places i would normally never of gone to... win win.

I've found half a dozen or so by accident, usually while looking for plants on cliffsides etc. Found one up a brass bulls nostril and one up a (brass monument) girls skirt in a small local town...

Its a fun little thing to go.. you can get apps on smartphone to direct you to some of them. Honest im yet to find one with anything cool in it (hope to find one of the coin things sometime) but a number of times looking for one has taken me to places i would normally never of gone to... win win.

I used to do it before this thread even started and coins were a lot more common back then. I've "found" 3 or 4 geocoins but never took them. Haven't been an active cacher since about 2007 though.

I've tracked 17 coins. One of which is currently in the netherlands. Another is somewhere in Thailand, and the rest are scattered around Australia. When I travel, where I go will be directed by some of the more famous cache sites. My current goal is to find 1000 cache's by 2015. But i'm a busy boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back