Sunshine Coast Herp interest group

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kam333

Reaction score
as if my time wasnt already limited I would like to know how many people would be interested in a Herp interest group located on the Sunshine Coast. It would need to grow in the sense of form and function but I thought it would allow people of all levels to be able to get together and talk crap, help each other, network etc as well as a few field trips. This would also mean tolerance of each others tastes etc (jag and non jag fans alike) which also means a chance to learn from each other. . yes even beginers can often come up with some very relevant points, a little fresh perspective is sometimes more than needed. You can PM if you prefer or discuss it here or if you have nothing better to do you can poo poo the idea (flame on).

I like :) I am aways up for meeting new people and especially seeing as many python's as I can :)
I tried the same thing awhile ago with networking AWD imports on the sunshine coast...wasn't that a fail. I hope this is nothing like that haha :)

But yeah mate could be a decent option!

I like :) I am aways up for meeting new people and especially seeing as many python's as I can :)
I tried the same thing awhile ago with networking AWD imports on the sunshine coast...wasn't that a fail. I hope this is nothing like that haha :)

But yeah mate could be a decent option!

Yeah I used to get asked a lot about teaching Japanese Bujutsu up this way so eventually I went to substantial trouble to organise time and of course no one could make it once I had gone to the effort. I now only teach a select few, I hope that this might be a bit more positive.:)

I'd be up for it, might even drag a couple of mates along who aren't on the site but keep and love reptiles like the rest of us.

Looking good, I will pm everyone and get into discussions on where when etc. . . would like the to fit everyones schedule so if you have anything that needs considering just pm me the details, Oh Captain Ratbag I answered your other thread, this is the one I was ref to,unless you want to start a rival group. . . .which could be cool but you wont get any more likes from me:shock:.

Kam

Last edited:
Yeah would defs love to get envolved in that. :) I actually haven't met anyone else on the coast that's a snake lover and some of my friends are snake haters sooo :| yeah lol

Would love to come to a meeting, went to the old ones a few times and enjoyed them till I received an email to say they were gonna stop, need to find someone other than family and friends to bore with my herp chit chat

Ok so I thought maybe a get together at the Maroochy Botanical gardens as it has ample shelter and seating etc, maybe bring a picnic lunch. Would anybody object to Sunday 27th, 11 am ish? As it is our first get together we should make it kid friendly as some of us might be stuck with em at this point. Any suggestions or idea's or above suggestions doesnt work for them post away, this is just an informal get together and I am open to suggestions. . . . and hopefully we can grow in scope, form and function. I will pm every one my mobile and email address for those that may prefer to use these forms of communications.
Kam

Hmmm might be able to attend. My wife will be in Brisbane finishing off her cert 3 in master fitness and training and my sister has asked me to hell her move that weekend, but will see what I can suss out.
However I do agree with the kid friendly :)

P.S Can we bring a reptile :D

We did have one up here, was difficult to maintain though. Sunshine Coast Reptile and Amphibian Club If you'd like to know more, I can put you onto our last El Presidente, he may be willing to offer you some great advice on getting set up!

Thanks, sounds good. Appreciate any assistance.
I was hoping to keep it as informal as possible, no politics, no ego's etc more just a social group. I have been involved in a couple of different study groups etc in other maters and it always goes to crap with power plays and hissies etc.
To be fair for all and to fit into the busy day to day activities I thought if we have no real schedule and no commitments then no one will feel pressure from obligation but will have the benifits of a network of like minded (within reason) individuals. Of course some of the others may wish to start something more structured which is fine and naturally things may go in that direction but for now it would be nice to chat with others face to face without possible misinterpretation from how things are written.
Will Pm you my details

Kam

So things are starting to come together, I have had a chat with Jay (the last president of the previous Sunshine coast group - Thank you snake whisperer) and he is going to be kind enough to help out where he can in getting things started. It looks like things are set for this coming Sunday so lets see if we can get things moving as we can all benefit from this. I will pm those that have already shown interest to get confirmation on who is coming and those that havent but would like to come along please let me know.

Last edited:
I will try and get along but there is a 99% chance I will be a) still drunk from a 30th b) not looking my best after a huge night or c) I will be there with no hang over/still drunk as I decided to be good and be dd...... But I will try!!!

Sure, show and tell is always fun. . . and if no one does we can always chase the Lacies around, seems the cooler weather doesnt seem to phase them to much.

Will you be bring your calico coastal would love to see it in person

No why would anyone risk bring any 'real' projects also do you realize what you have to do to take a snake out in public for show'n'tell? Not worth the hassle

No why would anyone risk bring any 'real' projects also do you realize what you have to do to take a snake out in public for show'n'tell? Not worth the hassle
Maybe you would like to show us some pics, you did promise some pics. . . . would love to see them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back