Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P.Minor

The amount of people suggesting its a bearded/water dragon hybrid is quite funny.

P.Minor

The amount of people suggesting its a bearded/water dragon hybrid is quite funny.
I must say that my initial response was “don’t be so bleeding ridiculous”. Then I thought about all the intra-generic hybrids that are produced amongst pythons here in Australia. And if you google new python or boa morphs, there is a whole host inter-generic hybrids they have produced overseas. It gives people the wrong impression I suspect, which is why I tackled it in the manner that I did. As for the appearance looking anything like an EWD – large eyes is about where the similarity starts and ends. I must also say that EWD alter more morphologically than any other Australian agamid that I am familiar with, males more so than females. Just look at the relative length of the tail of young compared to adults...etc. Pardon the digression there... just a personal opinion.

Blue

Its Pogona minor minor, I have no reason to think its anything other than this. Pogona minor mitchelli is unlikely as its illigal to keep them in WA and if its from Perth then its definitely not. If tis smaller than most bearded dragons it age it probably just means that it hasn't been fed the same amount; which doesn't necessarily mean that its underfed, just means that it isn't consuming the same amount as other dragons it age. either waym looks healthy to me.

Pogona minor minor. Cant quite see clearly but looks as though it has yellow/orange inside mouth indicating it is from more southern stock, including the Perth area.

Pic of adult female for comparison
PA021359-1.jpg

nice pic varanaphile,

i cant see how it looks like a waterdragon /beardy hybrid,nor boyds

wish we could keep some of these dwarf beardies in vic

what did you buy it as?

arent they supposed to be kept on licencein wa

Looks just like my 2 pogona minor minors. One of ours is about 2yo and very small but the other is the same age, yet a little more than 25% larger. Size doesn't matter ;)
View attachment 252225

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back