Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
31b6307c-fbab-9a92.jpg

This is my most recent feeding mishap

View attachment 247337
(no blood just a story)

This young lady liked the smell of denim jeans, she got my thigh from her enclosure, it took her 2 seconds to drag all 6.8ft of body out of her enclosure and around my leg.

She did not want to let go for 20mins, she thought i was the biggest rat she had ever caught. Squeezing tighter and tighter as i moved the slightest.
:shock:

worst Ive had so far is two of my snakes. First day I got my HY Diamond, she decided to try and eat my left hand. Mauled it then crushed it. Couldn't get her off for about ten minutes, turned my fingers blue and bruised all four of my main fingers, but no lingering damage, but I was sore for about a week. Bites marks were left for a week or two due to the fact she had squeezed alot of blood out of me, crushing my hand after biting. My partner helped me get her off after he brought out a thawed warmed rat and tossed it into the tub we were trying to get her into for feeding to begin with, she went straight for it. I guess from that point on we surmised she was an aggressivve feeder, but then shes bitchy at the best of times anyhow. Then there is my feisty Darwin Classic. I'm a sucker for trying to tame train my snakes. Shes only 5 mo atm and hasn't calmed down yet so bites alot. The most she has gotten me is a couple dozen times within the space of a few minutes because I was a glutton for wanting to try and pick her up by hand, training her to accept this without biting. She syill bites, bet doesnt hold on like she used to at the beginning, now she thinks shes like a viper, bite release bite release etc continuously!

That looks like a decent sized spotted python Serpentess, how much does he/she weigh?
This bite was from late last year. This boy's last weight was 870g (weighed in early March 2012). He's 4.5 yrs old, and is really a lovely fella, just got a strong feeding response, haha.

Bumping back up, need more blood guys!

The bites my guys deal are hardcore! ahaha I'm kidding... first bite from my male tonight- he's usually extremely placid but he is EXTREMELY food responsive.

At least theres slightly more blood.... even if you still struggle to see it lol!
403488_10150823562717952_573302951_11814806_2113798790_n.jpg

The bites my guys deal are hardcore! ahaha I'm kidding... first bite from my male tonight- he's usually extremely placid but he is EXTREMELY food responsive.

Dammit, Kitah, have you got stimmies crossbred with sharks? They're mauling you!

Gday all,

Just thought Id share, we have a 2 year old Spotted that has been an awesome snake. Fed him early this week and he is getting a little to big for his hide especially when he has just chowed down a rat. His body lifted up the hide and half his body was hanging out of it, looked very uncomfortable so i thought Id lift the hide off him when BAM!!! Strike 1, first time he has ever bitten me since we have had him. I was very tired at the time and didnt even flinch and remembered reading on this forum that that is a good thing, he didnt let go for around 5 minutes removing his fangs from my thumb but kept constricting for around another 20 minutes.

I didnt have time to take any snaps :( was a little blood and now bear two puncture marks as a reminder :)

Cranky little bugger I think due to still digesting or maybe my hands spelt of something, really not sure. Anyway hope he snaps out of his mood.

We handle him a fair bit so I will give him a few days to calm down :)

Here is a recent pic of the tough guy anyway.

Enjoy

Attachments

• norris.jpg
    norris.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 96
Sheesh guys and galz I knew I shouldn't have opened up this thread on the midst of me acquiring my first, especially those Woma pics. I really didn't need to see them. :oops:

Ahhh well as they say in the classics...."If you can't beat 'em join 'em."

lol cop that sasseH,got to love darwins,my first python was a yearling one,didnt mess around,if it had a crack it connected,only had adult ones since and they have been very mellow,the lil tyke was one of my faves though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back