CarpetPythons.com.au picture thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well those snakes really are amazing & the photos top class. I wish that we could get good photos like that, well done.

The snakes are very beautifull & amazing as well. If they have come from pure MDs or Coastals the parents must have been amazing as well & would have thought that they would show some different traits to produce these snakes. Very Nice.

It would be great to see pics of the parents if you were able to post them.

Cheers
Ian

Whats the big deal about showing off the lineage?

Guess you could ask the same about not...

I don't understand why it's insisted they show parents to people who aren't buying the young :/
It would be nice too see for sure, but I understand why it's kept private.

Plus I gaurentee all that'd come of it, is speculation of lineage and origins.

Guess you could ask the same about not...

I don't understand why it's insisted they show parents to people who aren't buying the young :/
It would be nice too see for sure, but I understand why it's kept private.

Plus I gaurentee all that'd come of it, is speculation of lineage and origins.

Well when something that looks so cool just "pops up" it gets people interested on how it came about, nothing sinister about that

Well if i had some snakes producing very nice young like this I reckon that i would want to show them off & especially to want to know what traits or genetics might have been behind or within the snakes to do this.
But then again i am not in that position so it does not bother me & privacy is an individual right.

Cheers
Ian

Geckojosh,
Go and ask the people at KFC to tell whats in their secret herbs and spices, they will laugh in your face. Full disclosure is a load of bolloks, its my business to know how to make them. When you hatch something unique like this someday you might understand. I am not entertaining any further discussion about this.
Thanks for looking.

Geckojosh,
Go and ask the people at KFC to tell whats in their secret herbs and spices, they will laugh in your face. Full disclosure is a load of bolloks, its my business to know how to make them. When you hatch something unique like this someday you might understand. I am not entertaining any further discussion about this.
Thanks for looking.

Thats fair enough, you cant blame people for being curious though

Geckojosh,
Thanks for looking.

I wouldn't use the kfc analogy there was always a lot of controversy in regards to allegations about the origin of the recipe.

It has been suggested the recipe was stolen from slaves. All of that is pure speculation of course but you wouldn't want people thinking you where being less than 100% honest about the origin of your snakes so maybe find another analogy.

I wouldn't use the kfc analogy there was always a lot of controversy in regards to allegations about the origin of the recipe.

It has been suggested the recipe was stolen from slaves. All of that is pure speculation of course but you wouldn't want people thinking you where being less than 100% honest about the origin of your snakes so maybe find another analogy.

I have a feeling it doesn't matter what D3 shows pictures of or says. Even if he did put photos up people will still "speculate".
He may simply be protecting what he has as possibly the next big morph in australia.
If photos go up, people may put two and two together, go and buy (or already have) sibling or parents of the bloodline/s and could reproduce what D3 has.

If I was in the same circumstance, I'd probably be a little secretive too.:|

especially since that the animals produced were the first ones and the morph isn't really "proven" yet. Maybe once the morph is proven and animals are available for sale they will be a bit more open about their parents etc but at the moment playing their cards close to their chest isnt a bad idea. No point going off half cocked promising the world when the line is not even really established and ready for the market.....

I hope this doesnt come across as trying to put down the project as im sure it will pan out well and I love the look of the animals but until its proven and they have established a nice breeding group of animals and established its mode of inheritance other than showing some pics of some nice animals there is not much else they can do with them.

hope the same pairing produces the same results this year!

Sorry mate, just to correct you, these are not my snakes. I just work for carpetpythons.com.au

Ooops, remember reading that in the tribal thread. my bad.
In any case I hope the line is proven and I end up owning one of them in the future!
Will the breeder be announcing if these are replicated this season?

I have kept all the mothers daughters over the last 4 years of breeding. I will put the father of the tribals over all of them and should have some results to share late this year. My feeling is that this mutation is too symmetrical to not be genetic. Temperature induced striping is very errattic. This is too perfect to be caused by temperature. I have also hatched more than enough pythons to make a simple mistake like a temperature spike.

Great Carpetpythons!
Looking forward to hearing about the results in 6 months or so!
My fingers are crossed for you and the projects success.

I have kept all the mothers daughters over the last 4 years of breeding. I will put the father of the tribals over all of them and should have some results to share late this year. My feeling is that this mutation is too symmetrical to not be genetic. Temperature induced striping is very errattic. This is too perfect to be caused by temperature. I have also hatched more than enough pythons to make a simple mistake like a temperature spike.

So am I correct to assume the mothers daughters over the last 4 years don't display the "tribal" markings and the planned pairings with the father are to determine if the trait is caused by a recessive type allele?

I believe this mutation works in a similar way as the Superstripe mutation in ball pythons. The daughters do display markers for something different. That's why I used one of the founder females sons to mate with her last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back