CarpetPythons.com.au picture thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this mutation works in a similar way as the Superstripe mutation in ball pythons. The daughters do display markers for something different. That's why I used one of the founder females sons to mate with her last year.

Ah ok thanks.
See now that you have explained a bit about your project it makes perfect sense why you don't want to show of the "hets", I wouldnt either when it may let other keepers realise they may also have "hets" from the same line.

become a member and i am sure you will see some...

i don't want to buy something that i don't want just to become a member so i can buy something i do want that may be pricey, i just want to see more pics first. like he said this is the pic thread for this site.

You have some quality looking snakes and lizards popping up in your collection.
Non jag tribals, zebras and leatherbacks. Must be something in the water :D
Good luck with the projects.

Cheers Justin

i don't want to buy something that i don't want just to become a member so i can buy something i do want that may be pricey, i just want to see more pics first. like he said this is the pic thread for this site.

Mo, although it's hard to decipher what you're trying to say, I guess you just want to see more pictures - right?
The way I see it, their business is not to entertain with pictures but selling snakes. So IF you're interested in anything from their wide range, IF you have the money and IF you're prepared to spend the money, why not to join club? BTW, you can see prices on their web site. They have shown more than anyone could expect .... me think.

Mo, although it's hard to decipher what you're trying to say, I guess you just want to see more pictures - right?
The way I see it, their business is not to entertain with pictures but selling snakes. So IF you're interested in anything from their wide range, IF you have the money and IF you're prepared to spend the money, why not to join club? BTW, you can see prices on their web site. They have shown more than anyone could expect .... me think.

Thanks for that Michael! Wisdom must come with age. I actually don't mind people being controversial as it boost the views to our site tremendously. Thanks guys!

My guess would be that Roger's Tiger line would be one of the main ingredients I think the other main ingredient has been mentioned a few times ;), it will be interesting to see if the people buying the triballs will be able to reproduce them, truth has a habit of coming out sooner or later good luck with them CP. :)

cheers
Scott

My guess would be that Roger's Tiger line would be one of the main ingredients I think the other main ingredient has been mentioned a few times ;), it will be interesting to see if the people buying the triballs will be able to reproduce them, truth has a habit of coming out sooner or later good luck with them CP. :)

cheers
Scott
Becoming really does open the door to all the questions that you are seeking! The members website really is a whole different website.

Best of luck with all your projects.
Are you at all concerned with these "members" spilling info, giving other people there log in details? Lets face it, the Herp community are probably the worst for keeping secrets, worse than old women!

Becoming really does open the door to all the questions that you are seeking! The members website really is a whole different website.

I would love to have a look CP I am not really in the market for anymore Jags at the moment perhaps a pair of Zebras may tempt me though. :)

cheers
Scott

whats a murray darling zebra? Is it a MD thats been crossed with a jungle zebra or something else entirely?

I can understand the pitch on the site with the Jags origins and all, but I'd only be interested in buying something thats 100% or near that, yet they don't list it so it puts me off buying something. Especially if I want something to put over say Jungles or Coastals specifically when my females are old enough and want to keep the line clean with jungle x jungle or coastal x coastal etc. How am I going to know the purity of the animals bought if they don't list it? Prices are nice, but I would rather go elsewhere and pay more just to know what the percentage of the animal is so I know what I'm getting into.

whats a murray darling zebra? Is it a MD thats been crossed with a jungle zebra or something else entirely?
A Zebra morph from what I know is produced from selective breeding when the animal has patterning that is tightly banded markings from dorsal to ventral (I think those are the right words, anyhow top to bottom of the snake). The only ones I know of thus far that have this banding naturally to use for breeding are Jungles and SA type Murrays. There are probably others, but I'm no expert with morphs, this is just what I have been investigating and asking of breeders over the last 12 months. The line of the person I was talking about is pure MD, there is no intermixing of Jungle blood.

Last edited:
I'm also interested in hearing more about these MD Zebras.
I am also interested to know what these are?

I can understand the pitch on the site with the Jags origins and all, but I'd only be interested in buying something thats 100% or near that, yet they don't list it so it puts me off buying something. Especially if I want something to put over say Jungles or Coastals specifically when my females are old enough and want to keep the line clean with jungle x jungle or coastal x coastal etc. How am I going to know the purity of the animals bought if they don't list it? Prices are nice, but I would rather go elsewhere and pay more just to know what the percentage of the animal is so I know what I'm getting into.

A Zebra morph from what I know is produced from selective breeding when the animal has patterning that is tightly banded markings from dorsal to ventral (I think those are the right words, anyhow top to bottom of the snake). The only ones I know of thus far that have this banding naturally to use for breeding are Jungles and SA type Murrays. There are probably others, but I'm no expert with morphs, this is just what I have been investigating and asking of breeders over the last 12 months. The line of the person I was talking about is pure MD, there is no intermixing of Jungle blood.

Why don't you start another thread to discuss how you think we should be running our sales instead of polluting this thread with your dismay. I will remove our pictures now. Thank you. Fay, please close this thread. I will share pictures with members of our site from now on only.

Last edited:
I am also interested to know what these are?

Why don't you start another thread to discuss how you think we should be running our sales instead of polluting this thread with your dismay. I will remove our pictures now. Thank you. Fay, please close this thread. I will share pictures with members of our site from now on only.

i don't mind paying $600 to have access to the "members lounge" as long as there is promise of zebra jungles, free drinks served by topless waitresses and free lappy's.

I thought you would say something like that long before now! :D I still think your first position that people 'being controversial' brings hits to your site was better, and continuing the thread will promote your business.

Leaving aside the bit about jag and carpet percentages, and at risk of derailing this thread more, I am interested in hearing about these 'zebra MDs' too. I may be wrong, but zebra seems to be usually used for a particular monogenic trait that is codom, and not the sort of line bred thing you are talking about. Maybe we should start another thread??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back