V supercharged VS 6 cylinder Twin turbo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twin turbo VS V8 supercharged

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a daily driver then I would go with the twin turb 6 cyclinder.

For a weekend/Hobby car I would go with a Blown V8

have to agree with saratoga here doesn't really matter if the car came with turbo as standard , unless your a sponsored driver on the racetrack they are pointless you can still do the speedlimit with out it and people who just take off to the speedlimit really fast but might not go over it , are just as bad as those who speed imo
lol pepole can speed in a mini , factory turbo`ed and supercharged cars have ther place on the road like everything else . just because u have a turbo`ed or charged car it duznt mean u have to do stuppid things in it .

I have to go with supercharged V8, Dads got a supercharged R8 and it absolutely flys!

, factory turbo`ed and supercharged cars have ther place on the road like everything else .
hhm ok what is there place? because as i said people who just hit the speedlimit really fast are just as bad as those who go over it , which is all that a turbo or supercharged car really does apart from ridiculously fast speeds. So what is there place then if you aren't going to speed in them or take off really fast what else are they good for . Remembering that where not talking about the way the car handles or anything else where talking about the motor and the point of a turbo or supercharger on the road what is there place because as i said all they do is make it go faster

Their place is driving like a normal everyday car. Knowing that on the weekend they get to take it to the drags or a track day and have some of the best fun you can have.

What about getting up to the limit quickly is just as bad as speeding? (NOTE: I mean if they do NOT go above the limit, even for a second, and tyres do not spin and traction is kept 100% of the time?)

If they are at or below the speed limit then they can stop just as well as any other car on the road. Possibly quicker as a higher powered car is likely to have upgraded brakes)

hhm ok what is there place? because as i said people who just hit the speedlimit really fast are just as bad as those who go over it , which is all that a turbo or supercharged car really does apart from ridiculously fast speeds. So what is there place then if you aren't going to speed in them or take off really fast what else are they good for . Remembering that where not talking about the way the car handles or anything else where talking about the motor and the point of a turbo or supercharger on the road what is there place because as i said all they do is make it go faster
well for one towing , that extra torque and pwer thats needed when towing ;) u sound like an old fuddy duddy ...

well for one towing , that extra torque and pwer thats needed when towing ;) u sound like an old fuddy duddy ...
hahaha are you trying to say that you'd tow something with a turbod skyline or something of the like ? have fun all you'd do is spin off the mark and as for towing things with turbo diesels a mate of mine who is a mechanic and owns a lawn mowing business and has to tow heavy tractors and such swears AGAINST turbo diesel for towing same thing tends to happen and and he finds himself spinning once the turbo kicks in , so as for towing with turbo , na just a normal diesel does the job better no need for turbo

and sorry silverbeast but i stand by what i said those who hit the speedlimit ridiculously fast are just as bad as those who speed i don't care if your wheels don't spin just shows you have good clutch control

Turbo diesel spinning the wHeEls when it kicks in
But turbo diesel are a lot different to petrol cars
As diesel give a greater to speed
And in petrols they give more Boost when change
Gears

turbo diesel works very similar to that in petrol cars it just gives it more power and higher fuel consumption , its the added power in turbo diesel that makes the wheels spin when it has a load on the back without that load it can help you reach a higher speed quicker thats about which is pretty much the same as what it does in petrol cars, all it does in the end is push more air into the cylinders

Last edited:
hahaha are you trying to say that you'd tow something with a turbod skyline or something of the like ? have fun all you'd do is spin off the mark and as for towing things with turbo diesels a mate of mine who is a mechanic and owns a lawn mowing business and has to tow heavy tractors and such swears AGAINST turbo diesel for towing same thing tends to happen and and he finds himself spinning once the turbo kicks in , so as for towing with turbo , na just a normal diesel does the job better no need for turbo

and sorry silverbeast but i stand by what i said those who hit the speedlimit ridiculously fast are just as bad as those who speed i don't care if your wheels don't spin just shows you have good clutch control
lol who said anything about a turbo`ed skyline ? ther are other 6 cylinder turbo`ed cars out there ya know ;)
i use my 2009 ford fg xr6 TURBO for towing all the time ... who mentioned diesel [ apart from u ?]
either way the thread isnt about weather they are usefull or not is it ?

Turbo diesel spinning the wHeEls when it kicks in
But turbo diesel are a lot different to petrol cars
As diesel give a greater to speed
And in petrols they give more Boost when change
Gears
err no they dont give more boost when changing gears - infact when changing gears the boost drops off a little [ for a spit second or 2] due to the extra load . havnt u ever watched a boost gauge in a manual car while its going up through the gears ?

Last edited:
the likes for the second part jas as for the first part what do you tow on the back of your xr6 ? im more so talking about rather heavy loads like large tractors with slashing equipment which i would hate to be towing with an xr6 anyways the thread is about who likes the cars so ill leave it at this

i do like my cars but i just dont feel there is much of a place for turbos and superchargers on the road , you can do everything that is legal to do on the road (as in speeds and such) without them they dont really make your car last any longer or more reliable ( at times the opposite if its not working properly but that can happen with any car part but the more things you have the more that can go wrong ;) ) i feel that there main place should be for racing and if the government keeps regulating things the way they are it wont be much longer until they are imo

Yes i understand you think this, I am not trying to convince you otherwise. I am asking WHY you think what you do. Speeding is dangerous as when you have an accident you are going too fast and you will do more damage to you and potentially others and probably won't stop for sudden obstacles.

if you're accelerating you're not doing the speed limit yet, it makes no difference in terms of physics ether you put your brakes on at 40kmh while under acceleration as in either situation you begin braking at 40kmh.

I would just like to know why you think that it is just as bad as I can't see it.

i do like my cars but i just dont feel there is much of a place for turbos and superchargers on the road , you can do everything that is legal to do on the road (as in speeds and such) without them they dont really make your car last any longer or more reliable ( at times the opposite if its not working properly but that can happen with any car part but the more things you have the more that can go wrong ;) ) i feel that there main place should be for racing and if the government keeps regulating things the way they are it wont be much longer until they are imo
i see where your coming from , but the car makers want things to go wrong [ otherwise they would go broke]
some car manurfactures are allways going to have turbo models , i think its the way of the future .
the more parts to go wrong theroy is flawed - rotary engines have less rotating parts [ and parts in genral] and they still can and do go wrong .

btw : u can get into trouble for accelerating too fast [ without going over the speed limit and breaking traction] - my brother got a warrning once in his beat up old xd lol

silverbeast i just dont feel that it is safe im not saying people should take off really slow like diesels do , im just saying that people who bring it up to 5-6grand revs between gear changes and have their foot to the floor isnt a good way to drive and can be dangerous at times

and jas the theory of the more parts in a car the more to go wrong is not flawed , think about it, if you can run a car without certain things like turbos and superchargers ;) those things cannot fail because there not there, thus making there be less things in the car that can break , of coarse all car parts can break i said that before and you are yet to answer , what exactly do you tow with an xr6 ?

Last edited:
No worries thomas, I wasn't arguing or trolling. Just curious to how you rated it as bad as speeding.
all good i don't mind a friendly debate :) but as jas said you can get in trouble for it from the cops i think they class it as a type of hooning which is illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back