rbb hatchie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I grab my little one out pretty much everyday
And he just wants to go off for a few minutes thenis happy to just sit in my hands for a while
Such a good snake species

Love RBB the stinky little rascals, anyone who owns or catches them will know what i mean LOL

Love RBB the stinky little rascals, anyone who owns or catches them will know what i mean LOL
I've had slateys that were skunks, but not rbb's yet. Do they spray???:D

Yeah, cause they know who the real boss is, and who is really in control.

Yep... untill one day.

A ven. snake is something to be respected, not feared. If you can show it the respect that it should deserve, in the wild, or captive, there should be no need to worry. "Yep...untill one day." should never happen. Being complaicent, under the influence of whatever, or showing off, is what usually leads to a bite. (I've been there with a juvie lacie, dialled and showing off). Elapids are fantastic to keep if done right and respected. Very, very interesting, and smart:D. Not saying go out and get one, but have an open mind. They're not as feral as what most people make out, especially rbb's.

Last edited:
i would love a rbb one day they just look so amazing and from what i gather arnt to bad as far as a first ven goes although i still have a good six months before i can go for a class 2 liscence(im in qld) and will be looking into some kind of course in handleing unless i can find someone that can help in that area

but ever since having one claim our front garden and watch it go from 2 foot to 3 and a half foot before moving somewhere else iv really come to luke how fantastic they really do look

Sent from my iPhone

oh and your little guy looks great and goodluck with the little bugger

Sent from my iPhone

A ven. snake is something to be respected, not feared. If you can show it the respect that it should deserve, in the wild, or captive, there should be no need to worry. "Yep...untill one day." should never happen. Being complaicent, under the influence of whatever, or showing off, is what usually leads to a bite. (I've been there with a juvie lacie, dialled and showing off). Elapids are fantastic to keep if done right and respected. Very, very interesting, and smart:D. Not saying go out and get one, but have an open mind. They're not as feral as what most people make out, especially rbb's.

I show respect to my jungles and they still act all Charles Manson on me,
I'd have to see it to know what you're talking about I think...

I dunno, one thing... do they eat normal? or do they still inject venom in the rats you give them??

I show respect to my jungles and they still act all Charles Manson on me,
I'd have to see it to know what you're talking about I think...

I dunno, one thing... do they eat normal? or do they still inject venom in the rats you give them??
In saying "respect", I mean respect the animal for what it is and what it can do, if that makes any sense:D, not respect it so it calms down. Example, hatchy carpet, You can hold it, talk to your mates, talk on the phone or watch t.v etc, and maybe get nipped a few times. Big deal. But would you do the same for a 10ft scrubbie? No, because the scrubbie would demand your undivided attention so you don't get bit:D Same with vens. Because they're hot, they should always have your undivided attention. Sorry for the example, could'nt think of anything else:D As for eating, the bub pumps his fish every time, cause he's a bub. The bigger ones do also, but sometimes will just open up and say aaaahhhhh:D

Here's a pic of my little guy.
DSCF2241.jpg

I love them nice pic's all.

This thread has changed my opinion on ven snakes, i've always had the utmost respect for them but have never thought about keeping them. After reading this I think that i'd be more than happy to have one, they are absolutely amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back