Australia Post must DIE

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I'm fed up. The post office in Orange nsw is killing me. I've just moved here, when applying for houses we had an inspection. At the inspection was the local postie, we got the house instead of him. Since then i've had nothing but trouble with the bloody post office here. I had 10 scorpions thrown at my door. (EDIT: the dragons I'm Pretty sure were through a private courier, i was not home at the time) I've had 3 hatchling bearded dragons with 50 ^^ This way up ^^ LIVE ANIMALS DO NOT SHAKE signs all over it handed upside down to my girlfriend, before he flipped it 3 times finding my name on the box. And today we had a "Sorry we missed you" card placed in my letterbox without the postie even knocking on the door to see if we are home, i'm expecting 1000 woodies this week, and for all I know that was them.

I went to the post office, staffed by two people, 47 people were waiting in line. I get to the front after 40 minutes and the stupid .. er can't swear can I.. the Moron behind the counter tells me it's not here yet. I said that's fine, I can wait. She simply said, we we close in 15 minutes, so you will be waiting for 24 hours. I explained that the postie didn't even knock on the door, or enter our driveway. Mid sentence she cuts me off saying "Not my problem - next" I almost jumped across the counter and strangled her. But I will save that for tomorrow.

They are horrible people, I've contacted management several times. Everyone in the line was fed up. I just can't believe the shocking customer service, I have never been treated like that before, and I worked in retail. So that's saying something.

How else can I get goods delivered to my house bypassing this horrifying organization? I will have many live animals and insects delivered in the future, but will not be getting anything until I find a different delivering solution.

I get my gun license in 3 months, if they havent sorted themselves out by then well.. I can't be held accountable for my actions ;)

I am bubbling with anger right now. I will personally see to it that every employee of "Australia Post Orange" is fired.

Last edited:
Just rock up at the post office, demand your parcel, and then casually ask if your gun licence has arrived yet. That might smarten them up a bit :p

Also write letters to management. Much more effective then phone calls.

That's the joys of Aus Post.... It's all contracted out now so NO ONE is held accountable for anything anymore. The store is contracted to one person, the postal routes for surface mail are contracted for each area /route and the parcel delivery is ANOTHER contractor. Some area's have up to 10 contractors working there. The costs are insane and I too have had the problems of items with "do not fold" clearly creased in half. I have magazine subscriptions lost, parcels lost, letters lost with absolutely no reasons as to why. In Townsville I had a $500 parcel which was registered and signature required just left on the veranda in full view of passers by all day. Things that were well wrapped destroyed in the box... oh then there is my fave people of all, CUSTOMS!!!! Who just love to cut open parcels and not re wrap them properly. They opened a shipment of jewellery from india once. Cut open every package in the box. Of the 400 odd bracelets in there (gemstone beads strung together) 100 were destroyed by customs. Try getting them to own up to their damages!
The only way around them is to find a courier... but they don't always do letters oh and regular joes cant get an account with them either. I've tried as a small business! They require a certain amount of items posted per week.

I vote the gun method.... do you wanna come and fix my problems with your gun too??? Have some bush turkeys and customers you could attend to

Simple fix take the bloke a carton of beer introduce yourself have a chat and who knows by next week you could get all your mail on time and have a new bestie. either that or threaten to jump in bed with his missus next time hes out on his run unless you start getting service asap.

Hahahaha this sucks but how hilariously petty of him!

Surprising Auspost isn't showing concern to your situation, as normally I find them really good.

i wouldnt mess with australiapost,they are the largest bikie gang in australia,they have clubs aussie wide,lol

the people delivering stuff are often contracted by aussie post,if they cant be stuffed walking to your door they leave those cards,i used to cop it with cricket and roach deliveries,i paid express post ,
first 2 came to door,then 3 or 4 deliveries i got the pick up card,so went down and asked,got some blab that we are outside the zone where they have to bring to the door,next 5 or 6 deliveries came to door again though,then after that it was pick up more often than bring to door

when my daughter was born, i couldnt get down to pick them up,after 2 days of chirping crickets they started ringing me to come pick them up,lol,next few weeks after that they were dropped off at the door again,rofl

i wouldnt mess with australiapost,they are the largest bikie gang in australia,they have clubs aussie wide,lol

hahaha no need for a 1200cc to join just a 110cc and strictly no clutch. My local chapter are vicious on the walking paths.

Just rock up at the post office, demand your parcel, and then casually ask if your gun licence has arrived yet. That might smarten them up a bit :p

Love it!

It's all contracted out now so NO ONE is held accountable for anything anymore. The store is contracted to one person, the postal routes for surface mail are contracted for each area /route and the parcel delivery is ANOTHER contractor. Some area's have up to 10 contractors working there.

Any ideas how I could find out the contact details of these contractors?

Simple fix take the bloke a carton of beer introduce yourself have a chat and who knows by next week you could get all your mail on time and have a new bestie. either that or threaten to jump in bed with his missus next time hes out on his run unless you start getting service asap.
Hahahahahaha what a great suggestion. I will take this into consideration.

Hahahaha this sucks but how hilariously petty of him!

Surprising Auspost isn't showing concern to your situation, as normally I find them really good.

I'm also surprised, I've never had troubles with them in the past. I think it's just a lack of education out here.

I'm a big bloke, I can handle myself ;) and hey, by the rate the bikies are going they can't even shoot a bullet straight, so I'm not worried. Haha.

3 bearded dragons delivered by Aus Post? :facepalm:

the most serious threats ive ever had are from australia post,when the dogchases them,have to take them serious to,as there club motto is WE DELIVER

mind u,alot of stuff does go missing,weoften get other peoples mail to

I never trust them...all my progress reports that I send to PSYBA I always send as registered post....

Mind you I sent some documents to a solicitor once and I sent them registered post. the post office duely got them signed for. Then when the solictor told me he didnt have them....the post office said...oh yes we got them signed for...but couldnt tell me who it was that picked them up. I said what good is it if you cant tell me who picked them up...what if you gave the item to the wrong person ?????????? As it turned out it was the solicitors fault they did have the documents and couldnt find them...but no thanks to Aussie Post.

I had a situation where I was sure our mail was not being delivered every day. We have a family of four adults here plus I get my Mums mail and we would have at least 1 to 2 days with nothing and then a huge pile of mail........

And the ringing the doorbell and running....I always get that....i sprint to the door and Im still not quick enough.

I cannot stand them

The sooner the govt deregulates the postal service the better...then we can choose who we use and I can tell you now I wont be using Aussie Post.

I'm sure its legal to shoot people(in the leg) in orange isent it???? sorry if I am wrong.

You will never get the individual contractors details. They'd never give them out

Aus post probably got the reptiles off another courier. I know our post office is an agent for TNT, AUs Air express etc. They drive to their door... not yours!

I had to pick fish up at the post office once. That's where AAE left them

Last edited:
Rocky.

I am a post contractor,
the easiest thing you can do is get an authority to leave note on the parcel. Contact the sender and advise them you would like the parcel sent either as an ordinary article (can take 7 days postage) or an express (24hrs postage no signature req) or as a signature article but as said have the sender put authority to leave in secure location in the delivery instruction section. This means the parcel contractor can safe drop the parcel at your house and you dont need to sign for it. Another option is you can leave a note on your door saying " I give authority to leave parcel in ......location, sign it and date it aswell.

The problem is Aus post is pushing all senders to use tracking options on their mail, basically so they can make more money. This is making life very hard for the retail staff and the contractors as it is tripling our workloads but aus post still wants it all delivered before 5pm with no extra pay for us........

hope this helps......

We live in a small town too and know the postal contractor personally, I even have her as a facebook friend, but that didn't stop her last week walking up to my door with a parcel covered in "fragile" stickers, yelling "parcel" and throwing it at my door step. I was gobsmacked, thankfully the contents survived.

It's amazing the considerable disregard some people have for living animals. I'm just glad my girlfriend was home when the Beardies were delivered, and not myself. I would have knocked him out after spinning my box around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back