NSW Elapid Keepers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supra_man87

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

These questions are mainly for NSW Elapid keepers, but if anyone else has any helpful info, feel free to post.

I am looking at upgrading to Venomous Category 1 Licence and was just wondering about a couple of things. I have been on the DECCW website and downloaded and read over the application form. The class criteria looks fairly easy to address for me, except for one part - two written references from appropriately qualified people. I live in a small town almost 4hrs west of Sydney and know no-one who keeps elapids. I was just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation, and how did you go about getting the references?

Also i have read on a few websites that DECCW sends out officers to look at how and where you plan to keep the snakes, but it mentions nothing of this on the application form. Can anyone tell me if they have had this happen once they've applied for the licence?

Thanks Dan

Well they like to know that you at least know a few people who keep them so as you know what your getting yourself into... you really those references... and yes from what I have heard of late they are sending out officers to inspect that they will be kept in the right style enclosures in a lockable room ect before they issue the lic...

Well they like to know that you at least know a few people who keep them so as you know what your getting yourself into... you really those references... and yes from what I have heard of late they are sending out officers to inspect that they will be kept in the right style enclosures in a lockable room ect before they issue the lic...
i had the npws come around and look at my collection and they had nothing but praise to say and even gave me a refference for my next licence really nice blokes

Hey sorry to rip up this old thread
But how did you go getting your licence?
Im interested in keeping and am having trouble finding someone who can show me the ropes so to speak

Yeh cheers ven111
I had the paperwork and such, im just having trouble finding someone who will show/let me ease into handling and taking care of vens and also seeing what housing is used for vens would be great also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back