Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another photo of my male and female WA black & white BHPs.
The Male .
MALEWABHPkmj.jpg

The Female..
WABHP.jpg

An Axanthic & a 100% Het!!

Very nice Rob!!
That will be an awesome pairing. I love the pinstripe het.
Can't wait to see the results.
T

Another photo of my male and female WA black & white BHPs.
The Male .
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo229/jungle_freak/MALEWABHPkmj.jpg[/

The Female..
[IMG]http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo229/jungle_freak/WABHP.jpg

They would have to be some of the best WA BHP's around Roger.
Very nice indeed!!
T

Last edited:
An Axanthic & a 100% Het!!

Hi Rob, just a quick qeustion, it looks like you have paired them together? & if so how old are they & would you know aprox weights?

Hey Roger that is one cool BHP, do you still have & plan to breed with it?

Smithson T has got some nice BHPs in the making, congratulations.

Cheers
Ian

Hey Ian, these are 2 males mate.. I was cleaning today and just chucked one in there with the other pair, you can make out the females tail in the bottom of the pic. It's a good contrast with a lemon/yellow colour against an axanthic.

Just to add to the fun, here is the little female that i got from T's BHPs a few months ago. She is a really placid snake, but with saying that when i got her out just before to take photo & clean cage, she did give me a little love bite, but she does love her food.

I am sure that T does not mind me also posting her breeding history as she is what she is.
I am very interested to see how she colours up as she grows. I reckon that she is het axanthic & possibly het calico? Interesting times ahead. I hope you like her because i do.

P5223388.jpgP5223387.jpgIMG.jpg

Cheers
Ian

Just to add to the fun, here is the little female that i got from T's BHPs a few months ago. She is a really placid snake, but with saying that when i got her out just before to take photo & clean cage, she did give me a little love bite, but she does love her food. I am sure that T does not mind me also posting her breeding history as she is what she is.I am very interested to see how she colours up as she grows. I reckon that she is het axanthic & possibly het calico? Interesting times ahead. I hope you like her because i do.View attachment 252913View attachment 252914View attachment 252915CheersIan
nice one ian i have her sibling y did i not get bhps sooner

Just to add to the fun, here is the little female that i got from T's BHPs a few months ago. She is a really placid snake, but with saying that when i got her out just before to take photo & clean cage, she did give me a little love bite, but she does love her food.

I am sure that T does not mind me also posting her breeding history as she is
what she is.

I am very interested to see how she colours up as she grows. I reckon that she is het axanthic & possibly het calico? Interesting times ahead. I hope you like her because i do.

View attachment 252913View attachment 252914View attachment 252915

Cheers

Ian

She is looking good Ian. Bit hard to tell in the pic but has she kept the white scales on her belly?
Regards,
T

nice one ian i have her sibling y did i not get bhps sooner

Yah Smithson i know exactly what you are talking about. I love my Morelia, but i have fell in love with these BHPs, & i reckon that the morph breeding is only just starting with them.

Hi T
Mate yah not good pics but yes she is holding her white belly scales & not only just that she does seem to have a very different pattern & what i might call an apricot type colour. I don't know if it is possible that she might turn Calico & be het Axanthic?? What are others thoughts please.

Cheers
Ian

The only way you'll know if it's 100% Het is by breeding it to an Ax or a known 100% Het. As far as the Calico goes it's unproven at the moment so only time will tell.

The only way you'll know if it's 100% Het is by breeding it to an Ax or a known 100% Het. As far as the Calico goes it's unproven at the moment so only time will tell.

Thanks Rob, She is only young yet but the long term project is to mate her with full axanthic male that i have.
Yah the calico stuff is still unknown from what i can understand, but it is pretty exciting. Who knows where some of this stuff might lead us into the future, but hey please keep it quiet.

Cheers
Ian

I put these pics up on another thread so I thought I should add them here of my male that a bought about 3 mths ago as a normal looking QLD BHP with brown stripes until he shed.
He is still getting lighter thru his head which is more light smokie grey now.
I'll take some photo's tomorrow so you can see the difference in a few weeks.
Looking forward too when he sheds next to see if there is any more dramatic change or a subtle one this time around.

Cheers Deano

Attachments

• P5200132.JPG
    P5200132.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 101
  • P5200123.JPG
    P5200123.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 96
  • P5200119.JPG
    P5200119.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 93
  • P5200088.jpg
    P5200088.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 115
  • P5200086.jpg
    P5200086.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 87
  • P4170051.jpg
    P4170051.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0959.JPG
    IMG_0959.JPG
    315.6 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0951.JPG
    IMG_0951.JPG
    255.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0935.jpg
    IMG_0935.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 88
  • bhp.jpg
    bhp.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 73
Hi T Mate yah not good pics but yes she is holding her white belly scales & not only just that she does seem to have a very different pattern & what i might call an apricot type colour. I don't know if it is possible that she might turn Calico & be het Axanthic?? What are others thoughts please. Cheers Ian[/QUOTE said:
Hi Ian,
My female is related to this one via the 95 Calico. Very similar markings. Very placid and a beautiful animal. Have pics of her in my album.

A question to all the axanthic BHP owners out there .
Do your axanthic BHP have lighter shade of black pigment compared to non axanthic BHPs you own ? .

Heres a comparison pic of my male B&W Pilbara next to the female Pilbara.
The male appears to have a layer of pigment removed .
The black is smokey coloured in the bands and on its head , But its black is definitely not as dark as the female .
Im not saying he is axanthic .
He is a unproven sire that has never produced any offspring to my knowledge and is a legal wild caught from WA etc.
004WABHPPAIRRESIZED.jpg

A question to all the axanthic BHP owners out there .
Do your axanthic BHP have lighter shade of black pigment compared to non axanthic BHPs you own ? .

Heres a comparison pic of my male B&W Pilbara next to the female Pilbara.
The male appears to have a layer of pigment removed .
The black is smokey coloured in the bands and on its head , But its black is definitely not as dark as the female .
Im not saying he is axanthic .
He is a unproven sire that has never produced any offspring to my knowledge and is a legal wild caught from WA etc.
004WABHPPAIRRESIZED.jpg

That's a difficult one, more times than often they show a grey colouration through the bands and base colour rather than the Brownish of a normal. In comparison it probably isn't much different other than the lack of yellow pigment, this takes out the cream, red, brown & the purple appearance.

I reckon this animal is an absolute cracker and hope your successful with the breeding this year. Having Pinstrpies and a clean base colour it certainly makes a difference when compared to another WA animal. Reminds me of the clean base colours of the Dajarra line animals that Den has.

I can't comment on your first question Roger but I can tell you I have seen a few of the Pilbara BHPs with the dark browny black as apposed to black bands.

Latest posts

Back