miniture shingleback

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 252291these are not from the same mother, just for comparison, normal sized and mini 1 day old each

posted pic

posted

whats a troll?

A troll is someone who posts things to get a response that are not necessary true
They also like to create arguments etc, cause mischief.

People only said it cause it seemed unlikely and its taken ages to get a picture/response :) Don't take offence!

hahahaha as usual,
people who wrote "troll" (meaning, I'm inpatient or once again can't be bothered making a real argument) look silly now!

Baby is heaps cute, nice stripes!

These are so cool. Up at milendela there is soooo many and in the middle of summer they try to come inside cause its so bloody hot. I got a sponge full of water and had one drink from the sponge for about 10 mins it was very cute. Ill have a look for the vid on my computer when i get home. :) so will it stay a dwarf i wonder? Very cute

thankyou i have been working long hours

if it stayed a tiny soul could you imagin the fuss it would cause? it is still eating well manages about 4 peas at a time from its dinner(very balanced meal but eats greens first) and has such a bite, but cute

posted

Last edited:
that looks normalish sized,the adults are a smaller form of rugosa aspera,i reckon my babies are similar in size anyways,tiny compared to the bigger forms of aspera anyways,looks perfectly healthy to me to,is that the first litter of this form you have had?

if i ever get my puter fixed ill pop some pics of mine up

no have been breeding them for about 5 years that was the suprize normaly 2 babies to the three mothers. but it is still going strong.

oh,lol,didnt realise the pic was of two 1 day olds,that is a hefty size difference,my type of aspera usually have tiny babies like that little one,similar in size to juvie blotcheds,the adults are quite small to

babies can vary in size between litters i guess,sometimes even in the same litter,my old lass only had 1 baby once,every other year it was 2,the single baby was still small,but slightly bigger than previous litters

they can have up to 4 babies,which make them smaller over all,did the female who had this lil one lose alot of weight,as quite possable she had slugs along with that baby,which could explain its small size

People only said it cause it seemed unlikely and its taken ages to get a picture/response :) Don't take offence!

Yes, it is often forgotten that most people have jobs, family and other responsibilities that prevent them from visiting online forum everyday. Unfortunately judgement is quickly delivered when someone stops responding (or simply a bit slow) without any consideration given that there might be a good reason behind it ;) As said, please don't take offence.

I keep them in an outside pit with a heated hide box for winter, so I check them every day, during delivery times I remove the babies as they are found ,it is hard to tell which mothers have which baby, when more than one Arrives at a time. My females seem to go down in the tail but never go to thin they eat to much(a little chunky) do they or the others eat the slugs? As I don't remember seeing any. I have 9 in the colony.

usually the mums woof the slugs,though any will given the chance,its like first in best dressed so to speak,lol

a little chunky is good,helps them recover enough before brumation,especially when kept outdoors and having babies late in the year,probably not as big an issue in brissie ,lol, down here its often getting quite cool by then

sounds like u have them set up perfectly to me,not much thats sweeter than new born stumpies i reckon,especially tiny ones,lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back