Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sigridshurte

Reaction score
What do you all think of the new morphs that are emerging? Such as the snow carpet pythons, zebra jungles. Is there any truth/proof of the axthantic link to these new morphs?. And has anyone heard of any other types To come?. Sig.

Ive been confused with all this stuff, is it all pure bred morphs of are they all cross bred jag and stuff? if they are all cross bred i dont agree at all. if they are pure bred morphs its really exciting. sorry for the noob question but if i dont ask i wont know. :)

Only time will prove the heritability of new morphs
Bit if you are into designer snakes its a pretty exciting time to be a breeder

Jags are a different ball game
If these new morphs have no jag in them they will open up completely new lines for selective breeding

I don't know about the Tiger Jungles but the guys trying to produce Snow Carpets have been quite open about it. They proved that they have axanthic Coastals this year and I believe they have just done the pairings to produce double hets for albino and axanthic. They are crosses between Carpet sub-species so the purists might have a bit of a cry but to me it's probably the most interesting "new" morph I know about.

ah longqi, you can never just post a comment in regards to morphs without bringing up the jags.... can you?

The carpet morph scene in Australia is about to explode.
So many new morphs and most of them proven. Exciting times ahead with the different combinations etc.

Yea some jag's I like and i think are amazing animals but most im not a fan of.

See I've never even heard of granit and pepper MD's ????

the peppered md was in the complete carpet python and the granites have been featured on snakebytestv on youtube. i know 2 people atleast that have these animals and i can say they have absolutely no jag in them and there is the possability for more people out there to have them but have kept hush hush.

ah longqi, you can never just post a comment in regards to morphs without bringing up the jags.... can you?

The carpet morph scene in Australia is about to explode.
So many new morphs and most of them proven. Exciting times ahead with the different combinations etc.

Uhm are you serious? Like really? Did you not see they were brought up previously and a question was being addressed?
Beyond that, God forbid not everyone likes Jags like you.

x2,longqi just answered a question that asked about jags,seemed reasonable enough to me,seems the topic of jags being mentioned in a argumentative way is coming from elsewhere

to me crossing this and that to that and this to make a small percentage of pretty snakes isnt as exciting as breeding something of just the one subspecies to get new morphs,im sure most would agree to that,even jag breeders

Has anyone in Australia produced Carpondros? Or does that not count for this thread since it's a hybrid?

:shock: umm....wow!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to prove one of my "new morphs" I am going to give it the most stupidest name I can think off....Might even name it after some forum users :p

Does anyone have a snow carpet python or any other morphs They would like to show off. PLEASE....let's not repeat the stupid jag argument, it's been done to death.

Hybrid comments are welcome

arnt most jags hybrids now any way? i see people X-ing MDs with jags etc? if not can some one explain to me the difference if there is one!

Snows in Carpets havent occured here yet.... all a matter of time!
If you want a good selection of Carpet Python Morphs and the genes associated with it - go read "The Complete Carpet Python book"....all your questions will be answered - with pics! :)

I am waiting for a piebald , chimera or a pure luecistic or any mix of the three i predict with the expertise of the guys we have at the forefront of carpet morphs here in aus it wont be long.

Uhm are you serious? Like really? Did you not see they were brought up previously and a question was being addressed?
Beyond that, God forbid not everyone likes Jags like you.

No I didn't see justdragons' post asking if they've been cross bred with jags. So Longqi really didn't answer the question either.

Most morph variants of the carpet python complex will eventually be bred to jags at some point. But that's what designer Morphs are all about, mixing different traits together to produce something completely different to the wild type.
Take Larks' Axanthic Coastals. He has the single trait of Axanthic, then also the Ghost (an animal displaying both the Axanthic and Hypo Morphs)
There are quite a few carpet morphs out there in Australia, and we are only just seeing the beginning of it.

But "God" forbid that my comments come across like I'm forcing my opinion on people, so here goes....
Pure Locale animals are also cool and have their unique looks about them that I like also. Just because I like one, doesn't mean I hate the other....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back