Reptiles Australasia Issue 3...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly ended up with a lot of egg on my face with my blind support of this publication, but as Sdaji suggests happened to him with Reptiles Australia, serious concerns emerged for me as time went on. Actually, the publication wasn't the problem - it had huge potential, but was probably doomed from the outset for reasons not related to the magazine itself.

I've learned a serious lesson or two in the past year :)

Still no answer to the question I posed in this thread?

Jamie

You guise are annoying you make people look bad but wont give us the dirt on the situation...

You guise are annoying you make people look bad but wont give us the dirt on the situation...

The intention of the thread was to enquire whether issue 3 of Reptiles Australasia is any closer to publication than it was when promises were made that it would be going to print "in a week or two" as was suggested some weeks ago, along with issue 4 "soon thereafter..." Or if it is in fact defunct at this point in time. There have been promises aplenty for the past 5 months, but none of them have been kept. Although I terminated my association with RA in early January, as editor of the first two issues, and therefore still closely linked by some to the publication, I think it's only fair that those members here who forked out for quite expensive subscriptions need to know asap what the prospects of them getting their four paid-for magazines, so that they can take whatever action is open to them to retrieve their money.

People make themselves look bad bk201, but this is about the magazine, nothing else.

Jamie

Joy and Sdaji,

I wholeheartingly agree with you both. Consumer SALES plummeted after the last down turn, and Joy i do praise you on the efforts of the S&T team. I had some invested interest in RA and i was a little bit shocked initially but then i was informed of some information. I would like to see people get their issues. At the end of the day i would like to see the magazine survive with in a "POSITIVE" way only. All the nonsense with it needs to stop.

Those concerned about Joys response.. let me give you a scenerio..... you bredd GTPS, so do others, suddenly the others are all diseased and alot of people lost money on them, would you trust more of these??

Good luck getting your answers people and your editions.

Is the magazine a sponsor of APS? If not, given they're a commercial entity, how on earth are we allowed to even talk about them and surely this thread needs to be deleted??

Rules is rules people....

I don't think anyone's breaking the rules if enquiring about the whereabouts of their magazine or the viability of subscriptions - it's perfectly valid question if your expected product, and one which has been paid for, is over 5 months late.

The owner of the magazine is a member here and frequently online - he would be well able to address members' and subscribers' concerns as expressed here.

Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:
taken from the mag's facebook page.

[h=6]Reptiles Australasia[/h]March 19http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/#

Dear Subscribers,

We are facing a massive hurdle in delivering future issues. However, we are committed to developing the magazine and will not be deterred.

As planned, we were endeavouring to do an article on “Reptile DNA”. As it turned out, our story took a certain path and we discovered that legally held animals had been seized and disposed of by wildlife authorities on the basis of falsified... DNA reports.

On February 15, 2012 NSW NPWS and heavily armed New South Wales Police executed 5 search warrants on premises in Sydney and seized all of our computers and storage media. The applicant for 3 search warrants was the same person we allege falsified DNA reports.

NSW NPWS also seized 14 Carphodactylus laevis. A further warrant was executed on February 29, 2012 and 15 sub-adult albino Morelia spilota were confiscated. No charges have been laid or are expected to be laid in relation to any wildlife and we are seeking the return of our property including our computers and storage media.

We shall have the next issue of the magazine published as soon as practicable and will maintain the same high quality of production and content.

Thankyou for supporting us whilst we overcome this hurdle,

Neil Simpson
CEO Reptiles Australasia

not sure of any updates since this was posted on march 19.

This took place 5 months ago, so it should be clear by now when Issue 3 can go to print.

Jamie

I don't think anyone's breaking the rules if enquiring about the whereabouts of their magazine or the viability of subscriptions - it's perfectly valid question if your expected product, and one which has been paid for, is over 5 months late.

The owner of the magazine is a member here and frequently online - he would be well able to address members' and subscribers' concerns as expressed here.

Jamie

Jamie, just because you think so doesnt mean it's not breaking the rules.

Advertising Rule 4 - Any promotion and advertisement of businesses must be approved by Administrator.
APS site rules & Administration dont encourage threads concerning businesses that are not sponsors of APS.

If you have any queries concerning non sponsor businesses or websites please contact them directly for an answer to your question and please do not post these queries on threads on this forum as it violates Advertising Rule 4 above by advertising these businesses by promoting discussion about them on this forum.

moderators dont make these rules but are instructed by the site owner to enforce the rules they have imposed on the site.

Site Rules - Aussie Pythons & Snakes

thank you for your co-operation and understanding

The rules appear much clearer than when the next mag is coming out... :p

RA are or were a sponsor. I've seen the banner. But if there was any issues about this thread the mods would have deleted it by now.

Yup, cool - just found the sponsor page and they're listed as a sponsor.

Crack on!! :D

7247690424_a0a6d79cf0.jpg

or these "hurdles" are bigger than expected???

This could quite possibly be the case.
I have heard the same about the confiscations, and other matters that no doubt shouldn't come up here, but this thread is really sounding like a veiled attack.
If events have occurred that force the closure of a business, then yes people will lose out. But if we are only talking about a couple of hundred bucks at most (i didn't subscribe so I don't know what was paid for a subscription) then take it on the chin and learn from the experience.
Well meaning businesses go down all the time, and usually take a hell of a lot more then a measly mag subscription. I have been in business and around for a while and seen plenty of what happens in this world, and I am seriously astounded sometimes at the pettiness of reptile people.
"class action"???
I was given a copy of the first mag and I thought it was great. It was a bit different to the usual hobby stuff and had a lot of potential especially for the people who enjoy natural ecology over the pretty pattern brigade.
Life goes on.
Economically it has been a crap last year and it affects different people in different ways.

,but this thread is really sounding like a veiled attack.
If events have occurred that force the closure of a business, then yes people will lose out. But if we are only talking about a couple of hundred bucks at most (i didn't subscribe so I don't know what was paid for a subscription) then take it on the chin and learn from the experience.

Agreed.I also think the ones bleating about it aren't even subscribers anyway.Keep grinding those axes guys as it says as much about you than it does about the person at the center of it all.

I got an email saying my yearly subscription had been canceled. No mention of refund for the previous years missing additions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back