Water Pythons?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JackTheHerper

Reaction score
Havent seen a Water Python thread (I did a "Boy look" So don't complain) I know they are basically olives with yellow tummies, But would be nice to see some pics Yawning/feeding/Body etc :)

They're much better than olives. I'll get some pics of mine up but not until after the weekend as I'm working until Monday.

I kept nt water pythons they were very nice snakes , great feeders and very placid , i have heard reports they can be nasty but never experienced it personally.

I love my two waters. I have nts which are meant to be the most mental of the waters but they are great. I bought mine because olives seem to be the big thing ATM but there so big and not many people have the room for them, so mini olives would be a better option. Their feeding response is amazing they would eat every day if you let them. Her is my boy asking for food but he's never bitten.
3ce54b14-7377-b107.jpg

Havent seen a Water Python thread (I did a "Boy look" So don't complain) I know they are basically olives with yellow tummies, But would be nice to see some pics Yawning/feeding/Body etc :)

There are some Water Python threads filled with pictures if you take a look. They're not Olives with yellow tummies! Visually they're also covered in rainbows which is just awesome, and behaviourally they're pretty different too. They're still a large snake, but don't get huge like an Olive.

Jadeheadd.jpg

Rainbow.jpg

Rainbow2.jpg

Jadelovesrats.jpg

Moosedaughteryellowbelly.jpg

Babyrainbowsettingridiculousscenes.jpg

I couldn't help myself and kept one of this year's babies :) This is her :)

SdajisnewWaterPythoninMarch2012.jpg

wow i think water pythons are next on my "gotta have list" amazing snakes! how big do they grow and do u need to provide more water for them as they are water pythons?

They sure are awesome snakes :)

A massive one might get to 10', you hear that being their maximum size, but I've never seen one that big. The largest I've ever seen is one of mine, she is now over 10 years old and over 9' long. She is in the picture with the little girl. That was a few years ago now, the snake is a bit larger and the little girl is much larger :lol: Funny how kids do that :p

The name 'Water Python' is a bit silly. They're about as aquatic as Tiger Snakes and stuff. They hang out around water and will jump in, as do many snakes, but they don't need it. You can keep them perfectly happy, healthy and breed them easily in the same sort of enclosure you would use for Carpet Pythons, Olive Pythons, etc. etc. They're very tough and easy to keep happy :)

Shoot me a PM if you like :)

SloughedWaterPythonBabies.jpg

I have a year old water python which is the craziest out of all my pythons he is very snappy and will take a bite any chance he gets but after having him out for about about 10mins he calms down then same thing next time I get him out but other then that he would still have to be my favorite with his rainbow colors in the sun and would defiantly recommend getting one :)

Beautiful snakes.
Thought I'd just ask this here. Do Water Pythons need high humidity?

Thanks

When I lived at Cobourg Peninsular in north Arnhem Land our swimming pool was the only fresh water for miles at the end of the Dry season. This meant lots of visitors like wallabies, buffalo, dingoes, etc. Despite the chlorination.

Snakes dropped in regularly. Mostly olives and waters and occasionally carpets. Also king browns. Some very large!

Part of my job was relocating these guys. I learned very early on to check the belly colour. Olives were nasty and very bitey (also quick to crap on you) but the Waters were easy as. I could just wrap them around the shoulders and drive out of the camp to a new spot. I know a lot of people reckon it's the other way around but that was my experience.

Dont get me wrong, I love both types (and the king browns!)

I haven't found them to need anything special. If you keep them exactly the same as you would a Carpet Python they thrive. I really wish they didn't have the name 'Water Python', it makes them sound far more aquatic than they are. If you give them a big tub of water during summer they'll sometimes sit in it, especially after a feed, but then again, so will Carpet Pythons, and neither of them needs it. You just treat them like any other python.

They sure are awesome snakes :)

A massive one might get to 10', you hear that being their maximum size, but I've never seen one that big. The largest I've ever seen is one of mine, she is now over 10 years old and over 9' long. She is in the picture with the little girl. That was a few years ago now, the snake is a bit larger and the little girl is much larger :lol: Funny how kids do that :p

The name 'Water Python' is a bit silly. They're about as aquatic as Tiger Snakes and stuff. They hang out around water and will jump in, as do many snakes, but they don't need it. You can keep them perfectly happy, healthy and breed them easily in the same sort of enclosure you would use for Carpet Pythons, Olive Pythons, etc. etc. They're very tough and easy to keep happy :)

Shoot me a PM if you like :)

SloughedWaterPythonBabies.jpg

You obviously have a second hand clothes shop for your guys (in the background :lol:)

Beautiful snakes Sdaji.

I decided a couple of months ago they were next on the wish list, now even more so.

You obviously have a second hand clothes shop for your guys (in the background :lol:)

oooo just noticed that, snakemade curtains

is anyone breeding some this season? would love to grab a hatchie or even one from last season is there are any getting about

i got a yearling and he was a bit snappy but within 2 weeks he stopped and now he doesn't bite any more. they are also very aggressive eaters and can be a bit flighty in there cage but once you get them out there fine.

I was told on the weekend I was a crazy b**** for wanting a water python, haha.

Has anyone had any experience with Python1 / Worleys? I noticed they have some for sale on their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back