CarpetPythons.com.au picture thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geckojosh,
Go and ask the people at KFC to tell whats in their secret herbs and spices, they will laugh in your face. Full disclosure is a load of bolloks, its my business to know how to make them. When you hatch something unique like this someday you might understand. I am not entertaining any further discussion about this.
Thanks for looking.

A snake isn't a KFC burger. I think it is important to know the lineage of the snakes I buy. To know what is actually in them. Though I do understand that this is applicable to potential buyers only.

LOL some people are so sensitive to JAGS. Somebody drops the J word and the thread gets closed :lol:

Also going from your terms and conditions it seemed to say customers have to buy a snake before I can access the full content of the site. Is this correct?

Last edited:
I am also interested to know what these are?

Why don't you start another thread to discuss how you think we should be running our sales instead of polluting this thread with your dismay. I will remove our pictures now. Thank you. Fay, please close this thread. I will share pictures with members of our site from now on only.

If you wont share pictures of your snakes with non members then how do you expect to gain new membership?

If you wont share pictures of your snakes with non members then how do you expect to gain new membership?

I don't have any interest in any of this but I secretly hate picture collectors, especially those with no intention to buy anything.
Look at it this way; if they show all the pictures here, there would be nothing else to see if you join the club. If I was seriously interested in buying (not necessarily from them) jags, tribals, this and that, I would join, just like if you have a serious interest in any carpets, you would by the Complete Carpet Python book. I am sorry to say that but any less than that, you're just want to look up pretty pictures. Grrrrr.

I agree, but with saying that i do not ever wish to ridicule or rubbish anyone on these public forums & don't ever remember doing so.
What CP wants to do & how to run it is thier business, but i have trouble accepting that you would have to pay or buy something to become a member for something that you may wish to buy.

It is like paying to go to Bunnings to buy something. JMO.

Cheers
Ian

I don't have any interest in any of this but I secretly hate picture collectors, especially those with no intention to buy anything.
Look at it this way; if they show all the pictures here, there would be nothing else to see if you join the club. If I was seriously interested in buying (not necessarily from them) jags, tribals, this and that, I would join, just like if you have a serious interest in any carpets, you would by the Complete Carpet Python book. I am sorry to say that but any less than that, you're just want to look up pretty pictures. Grrrrr.

Business can run how it likes, it's a free country, so go for it. But if someone says 'I have something cool, here's a peek, but to see more you must buy $500 worth of my goods', you must expect some people to ask questions. As of course the OP did, and wanted them to. So he's hardly hurting from 'pic collectors', this is driving his profit up. I think that epithet is over-used in any case.

Bit misleading to say 'join if you are serious'... purchase a $500 snake if you are 'serious' is more like it. It's not like a $5 joining fee that you can convince fence sitters to pay rather than giving them it for free :D

I see your point. I always had a simplistic view on these things. :oops:

I agree, but with saying that i do not ever wish to ridicule or rubbish anyone on these public forums & don't ever remember doing so.
What CP wants to do & how to run it is thier business, but i have trouble accepting that you would have to pay or buy something to become a member for something that you may wish to buy.

Cheers
Ian

Ian, just like the KFC burger, Bunnings product is very, very different to this. If someone was offering a great range of GTP morphs and locality lines alike all under one roof, I would pay to see what they have got even if I wasn't buying in the end. It really depends how strongly you specific interest drives you.

Last edited:
Wouldnt people be more worried about how the zebra genes "appeared" in australia, then the pictures of them??

Wouldnt people be more worried about how the zebra genes "appeared" in australia, then the pictures of them??

LOL What's there to worry about? It's here just like the jag gene and 2000 Indonesian GTPs.

I see your point. I always had a simplistic view on these things. :oops:

Ian, just like the KFC burger, Bunnings product is very, very different to this. If someone was offering a great range of GTP morphs and locality lines alike all under one roof, I would pay to see what they have got even if I wasn't buying in the end. It really depends how strongly you specific interest drives you.

You are a philosopher Michael, i think that you read too much into my posts.
All i meant to say was to pay a high price entry fee to buy something is out of the question in my books. i was just useing Bunnings as an example to have to pay to go in & buy something.
Like i said it is thier business just like as is yours, but just like your GTPs if i had to pay to look at what you had that i might want to buy, i might go somewhere alse that does not charge me to look. I hope that makes more sense.

Cheers
Ian

LOL I am not a philosopher Ian, be assured of that.

I just read the terms & conditions and it seems to me quite simple. If you guy an entry level animal, you become a member. What's wrong with that?
You have to fly with Qantas to earn frequent flyers, you don't get any before you fly :eek::shock::eek: and if you want to enjoy time in a Qantas lounge - you pay for the membership.
The only question I would be asking, is CarpetPythons.com as good as Qantas with their product and services? Sometimes you have to try a new meal on the menu to see if you like it - some people would never do that.

If you cant see the merit of becoming a member then why even ask the question? You would never purchase anything from us in any case.

If you cant see the merit of becoming a member then why even ask the question? You would never purchase anything from us in any case.

I'd be willing to pay a fee to join as a member, but I don't want to buy a snake just so I can join...

Cheers
Ian

The membership was implemented to reduce the amount of tyre kickers that I have to deal with. There is also loads of additional content in our site that cannot be viewed by the general public( articles, images, collection, projects, special deals, etc.). If you cannot see the benefit in having access to all this information then its your choice to buy from somebody else that has the animals available that we have to offer.

I would rather keep all my hatchlings than sell them to buyers that are incapable of caring for them properly.

Hi CP,
I have no money at present anyway so i could not become a member. That is fine & maybe that is what you are after is only people with the available money to become members. That is your chioce, but in my opinion it is optomistic to ask people to buy something to become a member to be able to see what they really might want to buy. I apreciate your concept & views, but can you see where i am comming from. I might want to be a member to see what is available but not ready to buy yet or need to know how much to save etc.

Cheers
Ian

I just saw your response from the previous post.
So it is ok to buy one to get entry when one might not know how to keep or look after & then buy something better that they might want? the logic is not there. They should know how to look after before buying the first one, how can they do this from your site if they have to buy one first. Sorry if i am comming across agro, i don't mean to.

Cheers
Ian

Last edited:
Hi CP,
I have no money at present anyway so i could not become a member. That is fine & maybe that is what you are after is only people with the available money to become members. That is your chioce, but in my opinion it is optomistic to ask people to buy something to become a member to be able to see what they really might want to buy. I apreciate your concept & views, but can you see where i am comming from. I might want to be a member to see what is available but not ready to buy yet or need to know how much to save etc.

Cheers
Ian

Ian, I offer exactly what everybody else offers, Albino Darwin carpet pythons and Jaguar Carpet pythons. The bonus is that we offer a membership to buyers that have purchased a snake from us along with other specials and discounted rates on more advanced animals. Their purchase proves that they are serious buyers and not just tyre kickers or picture collectors. I want to only deal with these type of buyers and if it means I have to exclude other serious buyers because they don't want what we have to offer at present, then so be it.

then its your choice to buy from somebody else that has the animals available that we have to offer.

I would rather keep all my hatchlings than sell them to buyers that are incapable of caring for them properly.

Who else can we get smuggled Zebra/Granite genes from?

Didnt realise that fronting X amount of dollars, to get into the "club", proved that you are a competent keeper.......:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ian, I offer exactly what everybody else offers, Albino Darwin carpet pythons and Jaguar Carpet pythons. The bonus is that we offer a membership to buyers that have purchased a snake from us along with other specials and discounted rates on more advanced animals. Their purchase proves that they are serious buyers and not just tyre kickers or picture collectors. I want to only deal with these type of buyers and if it means I have to exclude other serious buyers because they don't want what we have to offer at present, then so be it.

That's fine CP & your business, not everyone has advanced amounts of money.
Cheers
Ian

I have never sold animals to people who in my opinion, could not look after them. I don't care how much money they shoved in my pocket!

Sorry i was not suggesting that, it is just that i have not got advanced amounts of money.
I wish that my money tree would get friut on the bloody thing.LOL.

Cheers
Ian

Rich keepers versus poor keepers - ahh, what a topic!

There is no doubt that the amount of money one has or hasn't got does not reflect their ability to look after animals. No argument there.
However, if things go wrong, the person with money is in better position to deal with the problem. e.g. thermostat or incubator malfunctions - can be replaced (not repaired) immediately. Veterinary services - no problem. The snake need a bigger enclosure - buy one on the spot. Going on holidays - can pay someone competent to look after the animals. And so on and on.
This is not a categorization about who is better or worse, but undoubtedly, any animal will be safer in the hands of a person with financial resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back