Where can i get something like a mesh cage to take my beardie oustide in?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xJACKx

Reaction score
im looking for like a mesh cage that i can put my beardie in outside, ive seen them before but cant find the website, anyone know where i can get one and how much?

I can make you one, tell me what you are looking for and ill prob be able to make a collapsable one for easy storage.

Depending on how small/large/old your beardy is... Exoterra make mesh enclosures... I had one for mine when they were little... Not sure how big the sizes go up to, but may not suit an adult/large beardy though... i.e. they might not make them big enough for what you need for an adult... You can get these from some petshops...

Go to the HerpShop website. http://herpshop.com.au/ Then click on the 'enclosure/habitats' button: [SIZE=+2]
HERPARIUMS
[/SIZE]
The innovative, totally open-aired enclosure!

• Suitable for a variety of reptiles and conditions.​
  • Suitable for housing specimens in temperate areas or already heated rooms.​
  • Excellent for keeping in tropical zones.​
  • Great for providing natural sunlight.​
  • Made from a woven fabric mesh​
  • Fully collapsible and neatly fits over a plastic tubing frame.​
  • (Supplied collapsed for safe shipping)​
  • One side can be fully unzipped to allow placing or removal from the plastic frame.​
  • Heat lamps can be suspended over the fabric for inside keeping.
    (In the above left photo we have a 160 watt Aussie Sun lamp within 50mm of the fabric.)​
We have been testing Herpariums in Australia for a number of years and after minor improvements, feel that we have a very good product to offer.
Not suitable for all species or all conditions but an option worth considering.

I think you mean a Exo Terra Explorarium? Google and you can find them. If Revell can make one cheaper i am interested.

Make sure you provide shade and not just sun. It doesn't take long to cook an animal in direct sun with no escape!

$2 shop often has canvas and mesh pet carriers. Internal frame, fold flat for easy storage. Totally useless for cats and dogs of course.

You'd be better off safetywise having someone make you a more solid one

built out of timber or aluminium and snake/mouse wire, preferably with a flip top lid a bit like a toy box :)

Those flexarium type things are easily knocked over by domestic pets and should never be left outdoors unattended

i got 3 ceramic heat globes from them the other day, delivered in 2 days and 60 bucks for 3 .. yia. definetely chinese but look the same as my brand name ones for 60 bucks each..

Visit St Vinnies and get an old bird cage for about 5 bucks Solid and inescapable cover part of it so it has shade and done deal

Make sure you provide shade and not just sun. It doesn't take long to cook an animal in direct sun with no escape!

^This, best advice ever. I cooked my adult beardie alive when his cover blew off in the wind. 35 minutes in the sun and he was long gone. Horrible experience.

Yeah i had a look at materials and design, i can't compete with the commercially built ones, I was looking at around $40+ to build one 40x40x60cm out of aluminium fly screen sheets held together with magnets and clips.

That is the stupid machines they have now, for sorting, instead of trusty old hands placing them into bags, you now have machines that drop them, and if the packet is too hard or fat to fit through their stacker belts, the machine jams and stops, but not before the damage has been done to the packages. I remember driving the standard letter machine one night and heard a tink, tink and a scatter of something go all through the machine - SMARTIES - managed to get through the belts but the machine obvious had trouble because the envelope and smarties box was torn to pieces and the smarties scattered all through the machine. Or, heartless, mindless drop kicks don't give a damn about people's mail and throws them across the room., drops heavy parcels on top of fragile ones - some people just don't care. I am on the postie street delivery now, and just cannot get myself to bend the large letters if I can help it. A lot of people lock their mailboxes so there is little I can do except gently bent it without creasing it, otherwise unlocked boxes I can lift the lid and place them in and gently sit the lid back down. I don't care about not shutting the lids properly if it means their mail gets to them how it was posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back