Reptile Records Sheet Download (Excel)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like this record sheet?

• Yes

Votes: 104 91.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Needs improvement

Votes: 5 4.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a pic of the one I have set up.
It works along the same lines as the OP's but with quite a bit more info....

record.jpg

thanx for the spreadsheet mate....ive been just handwriting it in a notepad but now ill do it on this.....

when i copy the spreadsheet to a new sheet i cant make the top details stay still when scrolling down...is there a way of doing this??
any help will be great

Hey Wayne, to duplicate a page, right click on the tab at the bottom of the SS, and click on "move or copy". In the popup window, check the box "create a copy" and click on where you want it added. That will give you an exact duplicate with full functionality.

Jewly, do you have a copy of Free Herp as i can't find a download link online anymore If so would love to have a copy please or would the Moderators be able to put a link somewhere where others can get a copy?

Does anyone have a copy of Free Herp i could have ? please. I have both Windows and Mac's at home.

I would like to create a program preferably universal on mac, android and perhaps windoze would like it to incorperate the spreadsheet in this thread but have other tools like a print option like when it is time to hand the book in? would like this to be in one area of the program. Then in other areas a shopping list area and another area for fav. herp. weblinks would be great but also would love it customisable for the end user to suit their needs. The problem is i don't have a programing bone in my body :( but thats my idea would be great for the herp community.

I have found the easiest way to measure snakes is to feed them and once they have half swollowed it ( it is hard to run the string along them when they are curled around the food item and when they first start swollowing it they move around alot and if you do it too late they could get hurt by striking at the tool used to cut the string, as if they are any thing like my snakes any moving thing is food just after feeding :) ) take a roll of string and run it along their body starting from the tail (I have found this to be the best place to start from) and when you get to the head cut the string (be careful that you don't get the snake and that the snake does not stike at it thinking that it is food this is why they need to have the rat/mice half way down) and then measure the string.

great sheet by the way :)

Record cage card

I made up a cage card to use for each animal that I just put letters eg 'F' for feed, 'D' for deficate, 'B' for blue, 'S' for shed and so on. I print a second page on the back for more detailed notes. Then I just mark the record card as I go.

the spreadsheet has two pages. I print the first page then turn the paper over and print the second page on the other side.

It is basic and simple hope it helps.

Stuart

Attachments

• CAGE CARD MASTER.xls
    31 KB · Views: 92
I like this excel spreadsheet,but i cant do anything with it,its a read only file even thou i finally tracked down a crack for my excel.

wherever you have saved it, right click on the file, then click properties, then uncheck the read only box.

Great spreadsheet Matt!

I used to do a similar thing on my Laptop. But now I use Numbers on my iPhone. Same sort of spread sheet as yours Matt (I would assume there is an Android equivalent). But it means I can enter the information in the herp room without having to go and sit in front of the computer!

Good spreadsheet, just little complicated for me. I have a BOOK for year's cohort, containing SHEETS per each snake. Because I don't weigh food, snakes (or measure them) and I don't records poops (if you have more than one snake in an enclosure - how do you know which one pooped?), the SHEETs are less complex. My system is not better than any other, just an alternative that suits me.

I use Freeherp atm, like this sheet but would be a pain for a lot of animals (I have about 40), You could make a front page with links to each animal and have links on each sheet to jump around easier. I will probably custom make something using MS Access when I have time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back