Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant see why not...

i saw that on better homes and gardens with Dr Harry on friday night...

i wondered that myself...

I cant see why you cant..i feed most of mine necks all the time to give a little variety..my BHP and the carpets love them....Ive given them necks for years and IMO they are good for them...seem to put good condition on the adults...

i thought that all the steroids in the chickens diet would have some sort of effects on the snakes that eat them?

can some1 tell me wat Bump means ?

Its just a word used to push (bump) a thread back to the top of the list again.

You could use any word, or even a smiley face to do the same thing.

so do you have to fed them rats still

My understanding is that pythons still need rats.
Chicken necks should only be fed occasionally, and that rats provide valuable nutrients, fur etc that chicken necks do not give.

I'm sure someone will be quick to tell me if I am incorrect ;)

I would also like to know if you should warm the chicken necks (or drumsticks) up to "body temp" like you do when you thaw a rat out.

Yes u still need to heat it up. It helps get them to take it and helps them digest it

I would only use chicken necks and drumsticks sparingly, if at all. Pythons need whole prey with all the skin, fur, guts and skeleton of the animal. Chicken necks are just bone, some meat and fat.

One thing I don't like about drumsticks is that the thick bone can sometimes be hard to digest even when they are kept at optimal temperatures.

I'd be more inclined to give diamonds in particular less chicken necks/drumsticks then what I usually would. I am of the opinion that diamonds are rather fragile and should be kept in optimal conditions. Other wise go for it. All my snakes have been given chicken necks for almost eight years with no ill effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back