Grrrr!! Bloody cats!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Male order.... I am a male... so obviously, I have to obay orders ;)

Obey or ebay orders? Ill have to look into one too

The vacuume swallows, it's okay.
Gotta love the Vac...

On that note, Dysons are powerful... Just a warning

Don't pussys too? Well most do
Sorry couldn't help myself

60kg?!?! For a bullmastiff sounds ridiculously overweight. Perhaps you should stop leaving catnip in the middle of the yard to entice the cats in...
My inlaws had 2 english bull mastiffs at 60 &65 he was biggdr ghN her

Last edited:
Getting back to cats and wild prey

We just had our 10th call out for this week about cats bringing snakes home
2 vine snakes and a white lip viper will probably survive
Rest were dead or had to be put down

2 cats played tootsie with cobras or vipers though and I am pleased to say they wont bother any more

2 cats played tootsie with cobras or vipers though and I am pleased to say they wont bother any more

Thats pretty horrible but I can understand why you feel that way.... It really annoys me that the cats are always the ones the get blamed but the people that own them get off scot free.... Cats should only be allowed to stay in their owners properties... then there would not be so much hatred for them or dead native animals...

Thats pretty horrible but I can understand why you feel that way.... It really annoys me that the cats are always the ones the get blamed but the people that own them get off scot free.... Cats should only be allowed to stay in their owners properties... then there would not be so much hatred for them or dead native animals...

I completely agree with what you are saying
I dont hate cats by any means
But if they are allowed to kill native wild life then its a different matter
To me native animals of any country will always come before introduced ones

My cats face the same restrictions as my dogs - dogs get access to yard, cats get access to cat run - wandering cats annoy the daylights out of me!

dogs in back yards do what that dog verses mongoose video shows to many natives that happen to go through the yards,yet its always grrrr cat threads,cats should be locked up

did the dog eat the mongoose?no they play at first,and if the object gets narky,eg defensive bluetongue,doggy ends up grabbing them just like the mongoose copped

double standards if cats should be locked up or killed,but dogs can have free reign if u ask me

be very interesting to see how many grrrr lock up the kittys or kill them folk have dogs i reckon

My dogs are locked up at night as well - mind you the possum living in my roof uses them as her personal security team, any males who hang around to long, or anyone encroaching on her territory (or my yard of it at least) gets threatened with the dogs. She knows the yard back to front and where the dogs can and can't get to - and uses that knowledge to her advantage!

I completely agree with what you are saying
I dont hate cats by any means
But if they are allowed to kill native wild life then its a different matter
To me native animals of any country will always come before introduced ones

I agree, I am also a native animal lover and as you said, will always come first over introduced species.
A perfect example of my annoyance is a person I go to TAFE with, she was boasting how good it was that her cat killed a RBB(my favourite aussie elapid) and that it bought it to her as a present... lets just say I went off :p

I happen to own 6 cats, and not one of them is a killer. I let them out during the day but they are in of a night.
What everyone has to realize is that it's the owners that are at fault.
If the cat is owned, then the owner is either not feeding or not looking after it correctly.
If the cat is a stray, how did it become a stray in the first place? By people not spaying or neutering their cats, or abandoning them.

Think about it.

I don't mind cats I used to have one, but it anoys me when you see some body get a fine for touching a lizard like I
saw in an other thread today, and I think they should be chaseing more inportant things like ferral cats.
If they kill one ferral cat they could save thousands of reptiles.

564252_458066447542559_266709373344935_2050686_1706775909_n.jpg

Look at that for a days feed!!!

Here is an extract from an interesting paper by Peter J. Mirtschin. It's called "The big conservation facade – A sledgehammer to miss the nut" and it's well worth a read in its entirety. A few years old now but still just as relevant today!

"ONE BULLET:

To try and illustrate the futility of the one of the preoccupations of the current regulative system in Australia, I offer the following example: Recently 9 Australian wildlife authorities and customs authority, with their considerable taxpayer-funded resources, admitted that in 70 prosecutions in a 9 year period between 1984 and 1993, they saved 956 animals and eggs from wildlife traffickers. Sounds impressive? Or not? One feral cat is estimated to kill 800 native animals in one year. So for the price of one bullet, almost the same savings in wildlife can be made in an instant. Two bullets, and your in front. ANCA's Director of Wildlife Protection Authority, Paul Jewell, has said that the wildlife smuggling cycle is never ending, unless the trafficker is stopped, or the species becomes extinct, it is a deadly business. He goes on to claim that regulating this activity "is an awesome responsibility"". Activities such as these that put high priority on prevention of smuggling, because it is easy to gain publicity and gives an appearance of doing something positive, should be re-thought within our wildlife services. Whilst smuggling may be an important threat for a handful of species, it pails into insignificance when compared with the major issues. Why spend so much on it then?"

As I've knocked over a few cats in my time, it would appear that based on the above quote, I have been far more effective in terms of conserving wildlife than their entire enforcement division!

Last edited:
I love it, I've read that before and I to have been known to nock over a few cats in my time so between the two of us
we have done our share for the enviroment. :D

I don't mind cats I used to have one, but it anoys me when you see some body get a fine for touching a lizard like I
saw in an other thread today, and I think they should be chaseing more inportant things like ferral cats.

564252_458066447542559_266709373344935_2050686_1706775909_n.jpg

Look at that for a days feed!!!

Looks a bit fake. why are the lizards still whole? My cat gets mice given to him and they are torn apart and eaten?

I know cats eat lizards, but my question/comment was in regards to the lizards still being whole. ;)

A domestic cat gets fed every day with cat food, so when they get a hold of some thing it's more of a game, when a
wild cat has 10 other wild cats hanging around, do you think it's going to lay there and play with it.

I went out west last week because one of my relatives had an acident, and on the way out there on the road at
knight it looked like this.
Feral-cats.jpg

I don't think there going to waist there time if they find a little dragon.

Last edited:
I hate cats.

I Own a cat so let me refine my first statement. I hate outdoor cats. My cat will always be an indoor cat. You can't hate cats for using their natural instincts. Hate the owners for allowing it to happen.

I don't hate haters, that would make me a hater, just like I don't hate domestic cats, but there is a real problem in this
country with wild ones and when you see how many is out there the native animals don't have a chance.:shock:

The problem is Jason, most of the haters don't distinguish between domestic and feral because their IQ is lower than that of an alley cat.
I better stay away from this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back