Animal Handling Gloves

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shell477

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to buy cheap (ish) but good bird handling gloves?

Its my birthday today (yay) and my other half said he would buy me a pair, as I am becoming a wildlife carer, but just had a quick look on the net and good ones go for nearly $200.

I would like gloves that still allow good use of the fingers however.....

Not gonna get much else gotta pay the price to get the quality think 200 is what my friend paid. Goodluck.... A really cheap pair of welding gloves won't be as chunky and stiff if you want to go that way.

Riggers gloves?
Have you looked at the ansell hyflex range?
Maybe some builders/construction type gloves that are a bit more heavy duty like dewalt or maxfit.

Go to an industrial supply place like blackwoods etc and check out their range of "Ironclad" gloves, they come in many different types with armour round the knuckles etc. They make somewhere arond 20 different glove types depending on what you want them to do, and they're washable, just chuck em in your washing machine. Round $30 to $40 usually depending on the level of protection.

TIG welding gloves, from most welding and steel suppliers. They are a supple leather with the wrist area being thicker. Thinner than riggers gloves.

They're actually pigskin peter ;) Available for probably around $10 a pair, and you should be able to feel your fingertips to.

Places like blackwoods stock so many different gloves you will get confused just browsing hehe

Thanks for all the help everyone :)

Surely I'll find something now :) i can upgrade to proper ones maybe later on when I'm not poorly lol

Moto riding gloves might work, you'll get full movement in your fingers.

If you can sow it would be easy to grab a heavy welding glove and cut the hand off, slit or cut a section out of the arm section and then put 3 or 4 studs in creating a sleeve to protect the forearm area then just use a supple pigskin glove with it.

riggers gloves...10-20bucks from bunnings.....i have a pair

They're actually pigskin peter ;) Available for probably around $10 a pair, and you should be able to feel your fingertips to.

Places like blackwoods stock so many different gloves you will get confused just browsing hehe

Problem with Blackwoods is they will deliver all the right hand gloves one week and 2 weeks later you get the left ones.

Most birds I've found won't require gloves, unless your doing raptors? They often can advise for these (and sometimes sell them) when you do the raptor care course.

I use a pair of Bollwork welders gloves, couple of layers, cost me $90. If you're dealing with raptors don't skimp, if my other half gets on here she may decide to post up a pick of what happens when someone lets go of a leg during a White Bellied Sea Eagle rescue. She's still got the inch long tallon they took out of the back of her hand in the cupboard at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back