Grrrr!! Bloody cats!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jason - thanks for the pic... not really... I do however see why you posted it up here. I believe that cats should be indoors, simple as that... I personally think, if your going to have a pet then love it and have it as your pet... Not just something that buggers off and forgets about you but only comes back for cat food.... I actually had a good talk with my grandparents about this 1 year or so ago and there cat still went out killing RBB's and lizards... Unfortunatly they were its favourite... It also killed others but my point is that cats should be indoors..

I was showing what hapens when people don't look after them and how things can get out of hand, thank for your reply
if more people see this then they might be more carefull I hope.
Cheers blackhead92.

I know, I am a cat... I guess you can say lover but they can be the best pets when looked after properly, just sad I guess to see a dead cat but really sad to see dead reptiles/prey as well.
I do however think the feral cat population needs to be dealt with. I was walking home from the bus stop only last week and three cats were attacking each other outside. I realised they were fighting over a dead Elapid, I shoed them away and found out it was one of my favourites - Black Whipsnake. Pretty sad.

I keep both of my cats indoors for this very reason - they might be cute and cuddly, but they are also animals of predation and the many and varied wildlife of Australia are their favourite food. I don't want to see them collected by the front end of some a$$hole's ute, but I also don't want to see them chowing down on a tiny sugar glider or a bird or a native mouse or anything.

Anyone who says "but it's unnatural to keep cats indoors you're a monster" can feel free to take a sugar-frosted...screw... off the end of my sizable crotch implement. It's RESPONSIBLE CAT OWNERSHIP to have them spayed/neutered, registed with the local council, and kept indoors where they're safe from harm but also away from being able to cause environmental damage. If it's "natural" for a cat to be forced to scavenge to survive, and have a short unhappy pain-filled lifespan filled with injuries, infections and accidents, not to mention the constant threat of starvation, then I guess I want my cats to have as unnatural a life as I can possibly create for them.

I have never seen a wild/feral cat in my life.

They're quite secretive, all the ones I've seen have been out after dark... In rural areas anyway

@konp69 - Agreed, they are good cats indoor, they also need to be spayed/neutered, it is good to see someone with sense, lol.

@Rocky - The 3 I saw were "pets" that had gone feral... also my grandparents cat was feral...

@Zaphyrr - I am on acreage and live in a semi-rural location, I used to live in a rural location but noticed no feral cats, weird hey?

aa7003a891b251cf35992e707a7fe2f6ae5b12d5_m.gif

Surprised I haven't seen any yet as I just moved out rural. Maybe I have and just assumed they were neighbors cats.

Depends on where you go, I saw heaps between mitchel and charlaville.

That article does not surprise me Chanzey. The problem is beyond a joke. 460 feral cats shot whilst not even hunting them speaks volumes about the problem at hand. Our native wildlife has an uphill (unfunded government) battle on its hands.

I went all the way to charlaville didn't see one reptile, no wonder!

Thats bad chanzey, is parks doing any thing about it, because if they are, I haven't herd any thing.
I herd about the person that got a $400 dollar fine for touching a lizard maybe they should use that
to get some traps and save 1000s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back