Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched that about 30 times! Bet you never thought a car falling on you would be the closest call you would have in your line of work :)

****e Bazz that was close, lucky you have the reflexes of a jungle cat, I bet your heart was pumping after that one.

Very lucky there Baz, saved me from building more cages, hope you spelt my name right in your will!

I was more alarmed by "it's not the right jack" than a too late "careful" but still good for a giggle in hindsight eh just not at the time :p will know next time to be more wary of the person than the snake!

I'd bet more people are killed by car jacks than snakebite . Quick , easy, solution . I always put the spare wheel under the car if there is no stand . Leaves enough room to survive a fall .

Beer o'clock bro!

I had to change a wheel on a troop carrier (3 ton) with a 1 ton kangaroo jack recently. Help was not coming in that location and the jack started to bow. I got the job done but I gave it to the clown who had supplied the vehicles with toy tools!

Not meaning to be a killjoy, but everyone seems to be blaming the owner of the car. Ssssnakeman, you should never have climbed under that vehicle without first checking that it was properly secured. You clearly saw the pissy little jack it was balancing on. ALWAYS study your surroundings, entries and EXITS. Very glad your ok, cause I quite enjoy your vids:D, Any way, What was it?:D

Nice save mate :shock: Whew!

Next time maybe just tip the car on its side :lol: Either that or at least chock the front wheel(s)

Youre very lucky.... thanks for sharing. Might save some one else making the same mistake ;)

Yeah screw that, I'd never trust a stranger's effort at jacking up a car. She ever heard of a chock? (chok?) I'm always bragging about my snake catcher reflexes lol, add your quick thinking and you might be a superhero!

Mate, I cant believe what I just saw. You are one lucky MF. Go put the lotto on for this weekend.

FAR OUT, so glad your ok, i jumped out my seat just then brother!!!!

Last edited:
Thats only a little car..... you could have done like chuck norris and just held it up with your left hand and reach under with your right?

Oh, no, thats right... chuck would have just stared down the snake and told it to get in the bag.... or else! :shock::lol:

i can only imagine how grounding that experience must off been for you to realise just how easy and quick something like that can happen ive watched the vid again and im still amazed at how lucky you where

Ummmm, Chuck Norris would have told the car to roll over and spit the snake out, and then take itself to the car crusher to be punished!!!!:D

Yes a beer and a holiday i reckon, on Monday Ill have my feet up at Flinders Ranges Nat park resort for a week or two

I love the Flinders (haven't been there for 30+ years.) Enjoy!........take a good jack!

Its been about 30 years since Ive been there to Steve,
Im leaving soon and hope to be in Mildura a bit later today,
still dont know if Ill go the long way from Mildura through Broken Hill or
just go through Renmark ect.
Like i said, its been a while,
but hopefully Ill still get some cool pics of herps ect along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back