show us your exotic birds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow he is so cute.
was just wondering what breeder u got him off?, ive been looking for a red tailed black cockatoo breeder but cant find any

Thank you :)

If you look in the Australian bird keeping magazines you'll usually find a heap of breeders in the back,

But Harvey is from Barry at Rosewood bird garden, I had him freighted too SA (from QLD) once ready, he was sent in a really great solid box.
They have multiple subspecies of Red Tail, so make sure you have an idea of what you're wanting before you ask (differences in body size and bill size is the main difference, but some argue Samueli are 'better' companion birds...Harvey isn't a Samueli and is wonderful) :) They have a website if you google rosewood birds, but for prices/availability you need too contact them.
and of course, you need to pay a 20% deposit if you decide to secure a bird/be on the waiting list.

also Kellyville pets in NSW tend too stock them, depends if you're after a specific subspecies and your view on the store and pet stores etc on who you go through I guess,
but I'll be buying any future birds from Barry, Harvey is a lovely well adjusted boy.

Last edited:
okay thanks, ill check out the site. not sure what subspecies i want yet :)

Pretty sure it's Samueli and Magnificus Banksii he has, might have more I guess haha.
Samueli are the smaller red tails, some consider them the better for companion birds, I don't know why.
Harvey is the Magnificus Banksii, the largest :) The birds are also DNA sexed (well, at least were when I purchased, I assume nothing's changed haha)

cute conure :)

Pretty sure it's Samueli and Magnificus Banksii he has, might have more I guess haha.
Samueli are the smaller red tails, some consider them the better for companion birds, I don't know why.
Harvey is the Magnificus Banksii, the largest :) The birds are also DNA sexed (well, at least were when I purchased, I assume nothing's changed haha)

cute conure :)

i had a look, it says they have Magnificus, Macrorhynchus, Samueli and Samueli wheatbelt
i think i might go for the samueli.
so which sex shows more of the red tail and yellow spots?

i had a look, it says they have Magnificus, Macrorhynchus, Samueli and Samueli wheatbelt
i think i might go for the samueli.
so which sex shows more of the red tail and yellow spots?

Immature birds all show female colouring.

Adult males have no yellow spots, and a pure red tail without any banding/stripes.

Females will keep their yellow spots (some have heaps and are more like lines on their chest too) and display the red/orange/yellow striped tail just as immature birds have.

Priam Australia have the Samueli, they have a website and fb, but again you have to contact them for prices

Immature birds all show female colouring.

Adult males have no yellow spots, and a pure red tail without any banding/stripes.

Females will keep their yellow spots (some have heaps and are more like lines on their chest too) and display the red/orange/yellow striped tail just as immature birds have.

Priam Australia have the Samueli, they have a website and fb, but again you have to contact them for prices

okay, thanks heaps. ill check out that site too. ive gotta get my bird licence before i can get one tho, so a little bit of waiting :)

Got to love the black cockatoo's. I cant upload my pic's at the moment but ill try and figure that out shortly as ive got a few black cockatoo's and other birds aswell. Albino93 let me know when you have your bird license and ill help you find breeders close to you.

this is billy boy View attachment 255130

Last edited:
okay, thanks heaps. ill check out that site too. ive gotta get my bird licence before i can get one tho, so a little bit of waiting :)

if you've got the room and patience, you sure won't regret one :)
Plus...even if you don't have the patience...who could stay grumpy at this cute fluff ball getting ready for bed?

116_37872.jpg

Look forward too seeing your Blacks becandjesse :)

love that bird :) cant wait till i get mine.
becandjesse thanks i will keep in touch, also to upload pics, u need to go advanced :)

Photos from today :)

Attachments

• IMG_7126.jpg
    IMG_7126.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_7122.jpg
    IMG_7122.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_7124.jpg
    IMG_7124.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_7134.jpg
    IMG_7134.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 181
Elmo is so stunning Stevo! Such a big boy!

Looks like that camera was almost shrapnel ;P

Steve I am so jelly the aero-plane jelly mascot should GTFO. You have inspired me to get one of those bad boys when i am allowed :)

Steve I am so jelly the aero-plane jelly mascot should GTFO. You have inspired me to get one of those bad boys when i am allowed :)

Reckon "aloud" is the least of your worries vs afford haha
(im saying this light heartedly as a generalisation btw, not being nasty or directed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back