Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok thanks for the comments .
The black is definately a different colour to all the other BHP ive owned.
Its got a smokey look to it . Combined with the lighter background colour . It looks like yellow is totally removed .
There is not a spec of yellow anywhere on the male.
It may just be a colour variation etc
I just hope i get a clutch from this pair to work with..

A question to all the axanthic BHP owners out there .
Do your axanthic BHP have lighter shade of black pigment compared to non axanthic BHPs you own ? .

Heres a comparison pic of my male B&W Pilbara next to the female Pilbara.
The male appears to have a layer of pigment removed .
The black is smokey coloured in the bands and on its head , But its black is definitely not as dark as the female .
Im not saying he is axanthic .
He is a unproven sire that has never produced any offspring to my knowledge and is a legal wild caught from WA etc.
004WABHPPAIRRESIZED.jpg

Hey Roger,
The black is not any different in an axanthic compared to a normal. The shade of black (lighter or darker) can be different from clutch to clutch and even within the clutch itself, but not related to being an axanthic.
And of course as I have said before these 2 are some of the best WA I have ever seen and am crossing my fingers and toes for you and cant wait to see some hatchies.
Regards,
T

Hey Roger,
The black is not any different in an axanthic compared to a normal. The shade of black (lighter or darker) can be different from clutch to clutch and even within the clutch itself, but not related to being an axanthic.
And of course as I have said before these 2 are some of the best WA I have ever seen and am crossing my fingers and toes for you and cant wait to see some hatchies.
Regards,
T

Thanks for your imput T ..

Last edited:
A question to all the axanthic BHP owners out there .
Do your axanthic BHP have lighter shade of black pigment compared to non axanthic BHPs you own ? .

Heres a comparison pic of my male B&W Pilbara next to the female Pilbara.
The male appears to have a layer of pigment removed .
The black is smokey coloured in the bands and on its head , But its black is definitely not as dark as the female .
Im not saying he is axanthic .
He is a unproven sire that has never produced any offspring to my knowledge and is a legal wild caught from WA etc.

Hey Roger,
He doesn't look Axanthic to me. The white is not quite......white. The Axanthics I have...their body color looks like a sheet of printing paper. Check it out....
DSCN1414.jpg

As T said...the black isn't any different on the Axanthics as they are on a normal. Of course....just like the normals...they can be all types of shades of black, Chocolate, etc.
That's one of the cleanest Pilbara's I've seen.....you're lucky to have him. Female is a ripper too.

D

Roger i don't know if this helps you or not.
These are some pics taken today of our male axanthic from Neil & Kathy.
It is top of the line axanthic, to me shows more grey background than yours however its belly is vivid white. Yours certainly show a whiter background colour.

P6093486.jpgP6093488.jpg

Cheers
Ian

Here's a couple more adults for you Roger.
View attachment 255147 View attachment 255148

Thanks Rob , its been great to look closely at all these axanthic BHP pics and compare to mine.
Not sure what is going on with my male , possibly just natural variation.
Just hope i can get offspring from him to continue the project etc .
cheers
Roger

Last edited:
Mate I've got everything crossed for you, they are both outstanding looking animals and hopefully produce some more the same.
Cheers Rob

After ending up half starkers in the bath helping my poor darling girl shed (old scaring makes her sheds horrible)..this is just some of what was under her old skin...

282647_10151045724515522_1782055914_n.jpg

Not since the girls are named Isis, Hecate and Nyx! lmao! Most of my snakes are sookie lala's - Wicked (coastal bub) and Turok (woma lad) are the only ones i have to watch! lmao

Latest posts

Back