show us your exotic birds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not exotic but these were my beloved birds ( still have the budgies)

17122011273.jpg25102011210.jpgBird.jpgJustin.jpg

for some reason my rosella tried feeding me like it would its own chick, literally regurgitating its food trying to feed any part of me or any object, was really weird lol, also everytime i whistled to her, she would make weird noises whilst stretching her body out and spreading her tail as seen in pic 3. any ideas on this behaviour?
sorry for the bad photos, they were taken from my phone

not exotic but these were my beloved birds ( still have the budgies)

View attachment 255156View attachment 255157View attachment 255158View attachment 255159

for some reason my rosella tried feeding me like it would its own chick, literally regurgitating its food trying to feed any part of me or any object, was really weird lol, also everytime i whistled to her, she would make weird noises whilst stretching her body out and spreading her tail as seen in pic 3. any ideas on this behaviour?
sorry for the bad photos, they were taken from my phone

Someone wants you to be their baby daddy ;) hahaha
That's what I think lol

dont u mean baby mummy haha she'd also follow me into each room i went. but she was a bit on the agressive side, especially towards my nephew ( the one in the 4th pic)

dont u mean baby mummy haha she'd also follow me into each room i went. but she was a bit on the agressive side, especially towards my nephew ( the one in the 4th pic)

Rosellas are known for being a bit aggressive :) Looks like you were the 'chosen one' :D

Here's a pic of Danny that I started another thread on, thought I'd have it here as well - hope no one minds :) Plus another of Elmo; stalking the camera this time (no cameras were hurt in the making of these photos)! :lol:

Attachments

• laidback.jpg
    laidback.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_7123.jpg
    IMG_7123.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 168
haha yeh seems so, still the best bird i had tho :) wow he is amazing, how did u get him so tame outside, like teaching him not to fly away?

I meant daddy coz she was a female, sorry, hope I didn't offend you :)

Did you get the rosella from a breeder? A tame eastern or crimson rosella is one of few birds I'd truly like too have, but have no luck finding them.

haha yeh seems so, still the best bird i had tho :) wow he is amazing, how did u get him so tame outside, like teaching him not to fly away?

Both my boys are recall trained, but the best bit is that I've netted off half my backyard so they can exercise :)

Here's a vid of Elmo recalling :D Elmo training - YouTube

I meant daddy coz she was a female, sorry, hope I didn't offend you :)

Did you get the rosella from a breeder? A tame eastern or crimson rosella is one of few birds I'd truly like too have, but have no luck finding them.

haha i never get offended, i just read it wrong lol i got mine from a friend, they arnt breeders but they had one really young rosella that they were selling, it had only just been weaned so i decided to buy her. that site u recommended for me rosewood bird garden, they had rosellas on there. not sure of anywhere else that breeds them

Both my boys are recall trained, but the best bit is that I've netted off half my backyard so they can exercise :)

Here's a vid of Elmo recalling :D Elmo training - YouTube

awesome, u'd have to have alot of paitence for that type of training :)

Last edited:
Here's a couple of pics of my recent acquisitions-

Pair of Hahns Macaws
31b023b7-682c-ba24.jpg

Bob the male Eckie
31b023b7-6886-1c98.jpg

31b023b7-68ac-17f0.jpg

The girls -

31b023b7-68eb-7fbf.jpg

31b023b7-6913-3fb3.jpg

31b023b7-693f-71aa.jpg

Jay,
I feel like you must enjoy "ear torture" or whatever you'd deem it O____O oh the noise...it must be insane

Love the Hahns, so cute

Last edited:
Hahaha. They are not actually that bad, they have their moments but I thought they were going to be a lot worse from others advice.

here ??? they are

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0764.jpg
    IMG_0764.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 109
Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha. They are not actually that bad, they have their moments but I thought they were going to be a lot worse from others advice.

Really? You're lucky then!
There's ONE Eclectus Hen here, and whilst she is generally really quiet...when she's not...just wow. So I'm happy I don't have to put up with the males call!

here ??? they are

Very Cute :)

vampstorso: Your Black Cockatoo is such a character, what a stunning bird. I would love to own one but don't know if I could stand the screech, lol. My Cockatiel screeches and it drives me up the wall but I love him, lol. My other cockatiel is quiet, she is a good girl.
I understand that Sulphur's are worse screeches than Black's, is that true?

On topic - I am hoping to get a Blue/Gold Macaw and a African Grey <3
One day <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back