scammers are at it again.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are standard questions from any breeder,but the locations dont match. Dogsonline i have heard bad things about,however there is a site where people can put you in touch with rescued dogs or one of their own from litters - Australian Dog Forum

Years ago, I bought a Dalmatian from RSPCA in Sydney and I had to take it back before it would either attack me viciously or kill my other dog!

You just don't know where these dogs come from or how they've been treated/scared!

More recently, as I didn't remembered the lesson learnt, I went back to RSPCA to adopt another Dalmatian for my son and they tried to convinced me that a white Great Dane was a Dalmatian X, "for only $550" !! - Ouch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dogsonline-puppy listings-choose your breed-restrict search too-(pick your state)

We should all make enquiries with this guy, he would think he is in massive cash but then realise we are all messing with him and then he has less time to scam people.

Those are standard questions from any breeder,but the locations dont match. Dogsonline i have heard bad things about,however there is a site where people can put you in touch with rescued dogs or one of their own from litters - Australian Dog Forum

thanks hun...

on a whole i dont see how dogsonline can be checking that people arent puppy farming.

Dogsonline-puppy listings-choose your breed-restrict search too-(pick your state)

thanks.

I'm trying to sell my car (which I did today, yayy!) but this is what you get when you advertise on Gumtree...

Thanks for the swift response,please advice on the present condition of the vehicle with the service history as well, am buying this as a surprise gift for my dad for his birthday so i wont let him know, until it been delivered to him.But due to the nature of my job and location...i will not be able to come for inspection,am a very busy type as i work long hours everyday off shore oil rig department,i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied with it., i am sure he will be more than happy with it.I can only pay with PayPal here, i will need you to give me your PayPal email address so i can make the payments asap and please if you don't have PayPal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to paypal and get it set up , after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with PayPal so as to put the money through. note well: Pick up agent will come for the pick up as soon as i have made the payments, i would have loved to talk to you on phone but I work mainly offshore, our phone is down on the rig right now due to bad weather, we can only communicate with our base for now.

Stuart

And another one sent in the same day:

Hi mate,thanks for the reply.I have read the ad and it's okay by me.My work does not permit me to come for the inspection (very busy and currently out of town).Would have loved to call but our base right now is bad so we can get along via e-mail. I will be paying you through PayPal,please get back to me with your PayPal email ID so i can proceed with the payment immediately and if you don't have one it's very easy to set up visit paypal

Note:please provide your address in your reply so that my shipping agent can locate you when coming for the pick up.

Thanks

They're nearly identical! hahahaha

Oops sorry for the links mods, didnt realise! :/

Last edited:
same thing happened to me but i was selling something.. dont quiet understand how that the scam would work but it definitely was..

I'm trying to sell my car (which I did today, yayy!) but this is what you get when you advertise on Gumtree...

Thanks for the swift response,please advice on the present condition of the vehicle with the service history as well, am buying this as a surprise gift for my dad for his birthday so i wont let him know, until it been delivered to him.But due to the nature of my job and location...i will not be able to come for inspection,am a very busy type as i work long hours everyday off shore oil rig department,i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied with it., i am sure he will be more than happy with it.I can only pay with PayPal here, i will need you to give me your PayPal email address so i can make the payments asap and please if you don't have PayPal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to paypal and get it set up , after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with PayPal so as to put the money through. note well: Pick up agent will come for the pick up as soon as i have made the payments, i would have loved to talk to you on phone but I work mainly offshore, our phone is down on the rig right now due to bad weather, we can only communicate with our base for now.

Stuart

And another one sent in the same day:

Hi mate,thanks for the reply.I have read the ad and it's okay by me.My work does not permit me to come for the inspection (very busy and currently out of town).Would have loved to call but our base right now is bad so we can get along via e-mail. I will be paying you through PayPal,please get back to me with your PayPal email ID so i can proceed with the payment immediately and if you don't have one it's very easy to set up visit paypal

Note:please provide your address in your reply so that my shipping agent can locate you when coming for the pick up.

Thanks

They're nearly identical! hahahaha

Oops sorry for the links mods, didnt realise! :/

IS THAT CARSONLINE? my friend had the same sort of response... "I WORK ON AN OIL RIG OR IM IN THE NAVY" etc....

I dont know how these scams work but I figure it must be more indentity theft then actual financial theft???

IS THAT CARSONLINE? my friend had the same sort of response... "I WORK ON AN OIL RIG OR IM IN THE NAVY" etc....

I dont know how these scams work but I figure it must be more indentity theft then actual financial theft???

I was told they use a stolen credit card to deposit the money in your bank, then a couple of days/weeks later you have the federal police knocking on your door asking why you have that money. At the end of the day, you're left with no money and no product! :/

There are a few different ways this can work, but its what's known as an Overpayment Scam. They will either pay too much money into your paypal account and then invent an excuse for an overpayment, or organise to overpay you so that you can pass their money onto a 'third party' that their situation prevents them from doing. They will then ask you to refund/forward the excess amount via a transfer (such as a Western Union money transfer). They are hoping you do this before the paypal payment fails to clear. Have a read of this.

They can also email you a fake paypal receipt for the purchase price and overpayment which contains a phishing "paypal" link (to get access to your paypal account).

From what i have been told, the scam is that they do pay for the car/boat etc, via paypal, they then arrange to have the car picked up, then open a dispute with paypal & paypal legally have to return the money (unless sold on ebay) So at the end of it all they get your car/boat or whatever for nothing. We just recently sold a car on gumtree & i am telling you i had AT LEAST 200 of these 'requests' all the same, all working on oil rigs or similar. They also target many other sites, its important to include in the add that you wont except paypal payments, & then although you still get a few who try, they are not as bad if they know the chances are slim.
I guess there are many ways they could make this scam work in their favor though.

As for looking for a puppy.......i wish u were closer!! This is our little boy (our dog is the father & this was our pick, we got him today) He will stay with us for the next few weeks, then we will rehome him :(

PO 001.jpg

PO 002.jpg

Attachments

• PO 003.jpg
    PO 003.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 86
  • PO 004.jpg
    PO 004.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 81
  • PO 005.jpg
    PO 005.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Poor fella has come on hard times, is illiterate and needs to sell dogs and is slighty confused as to where he is so you decide to call him a scammer
Shame on you all

Yayayayayayay! Found my little princess a little maltese x ****zu pup.... I think those that if it was advertised as a "designer dog" it would be called a Maltishit....

As for looking for a puppy.......i wish u were closer!! This is our little boy (our dog is the father & this was our pick, we got him today) He will stay with us for the next few weeks, then we will rehome him :(

View attachment 255104

View attachment 255105

oh he is so cute bel. what is he?

Last edited:
Thats exactly what he is!! A Maltese x Shi Tzu!! They are so adorable, i hope Tilly enjoys her new addition!!

The kids have nicknamed ours 'Po' (kung fu panda)

Rosie is adorable!!!

As much as I love our cat, he is super antisocial, and I cant wait until a point in the future (may he live a long and happy life) where I can have a dog, and birds, and sugar gliders, and,.... well I'll just stop there hahahahaha....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back