Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can Jason, just so happens that at about the same time that Revell got them there was a guy in Sydney advertising only a bunch of reptiles for sale, all adults all able to be caught in their local area, and who someone I know had bought from before and got animals with skin parasites. So I'm pretty damn suspicious that all his stuff including the adult Copper Tails he was advertising were Wild Caught. Since very very few people advertise Copper Tails, it's not like can't be captive bred, but the odds are good the other way. :p
Thanks mate.

can you keep bluies on coir peat? i dont like keeping him on newspaper can someone please help?!?

If the copper tails are wild caught I would be very surprised, the guy I bought them off had a whole breeding setup for a range of different skink varieties, mainly blue tongues but also eastern water skinks, copper tails and a few more, and was quite professional about the whole thing, and they were sold on licence.

Have you got his number Revell13, I'd love to get some, if you do could you pm it to me thanks.

Jason, Ive had a chat to some of the other members on here and I have since quarantined all the reptiles he sold me and disinfected my habitats. Turns out he has been called out on catching and reselling reptiles and I would not recommend him to anyone, anyone advertising in PetPages from Hoxton Park should be dealt with very carefully. I believe his blue tongues are bred but possibly originally WC, and I find it hard to believe his other skink varieties AREN'T WC.
Also, he sold me a "Dtella" gecko which has since been ID'd as a Marbled Gecko (I'm new, honest beginners mistake by me), be very careful about buying off this guy.

I really shouldn't say... I won't say no and ill let you figure the rest out.

Thought so, had a weird feeling a while ago when he was flogging off frogs

-ybn

Sorry to here that mate, looks like you got to be weary about what you get even on permit these days.

7b628f07-e330-8450.jpg

:)

Jason, Ive had a chat to some of the other members on here and I have since quarantined all the reptiles he sold me and disinfected my habitats. Turns out he has been called out on catching and reselling reptiles and I would not recommend him to anyone, anyone advertising in PetPages from Hoxton Park should be dealt with very carefully. I believe his blue tongues are bred but possibly originally WC, and I find it hard to believe his other skink varieties AREN'T WC.
Also, he sold me a "Dtella" gecko which has since been ID'd as a Marbled Gecko (I'm new, honest beginners mistake by me), be very careful about buying off this guy.

So what happens to the wild caught copper tails and others that have been sold on licence?

Legally I have bought them on licence, so I am keeping them, but they are remaining quarantined away from my other reptiles. If I am lucky they will be a breeding pair of copper tails and I will be able to incubate + hatch captive bred copper tails, but it will be another 5 months or so before I will know, and Ill keep everyone updated if I do have a MF pair.

very nice shingle back I love the colour of it angie90.

Revell13 thats good, best of luck with breading them fingers crossed you got a pair.

Here's a pic of a water skink on my waterfall in my backyard.
DSCF2045.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers Jason, she is a little darling :) Can't wait to find a similar male and get some lovely coloured babies.

I just love skinks!

He's got some eastern striped skinks 4 sale at the moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back