Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They look incredible mate, well done.

What do you keep in them?

Great enclosures! I really like all the plants. What are you housing in these? The fish tank would be nightmare to clean though..

nice work!! Live plants?

DSC03266.jpg

Last edited:
Oh how long have they been setup? The heat lamp wont fry the plants?
Looks like real plants to me , mr Nuts

Some of mine:
332f0a24.jpg

4c32502a.jpg

83debdc7.jpg

65d58639.jpg

e63030bc.jpg

etc......

Yeah, all natural plants in these setups. It takes alot more maintainence & with so much cover it is hard to get a decent look at the inhabitants some times. However I find that it is fine to just sit & stare at the setup itself without always seeing the fauna. If I find cheap aquariums I will snatch them up just to start again, it is very rewarding to get it just right but if you leave it unattended for any length of time there can be all sorts of issues. Certainly the hardest setups to maintain. These setups have been months in the making to get the right plants etc, if you get the heat lamps at just the right distance they heat without burning. In the 4 ft aquarium I have a Eastern Water Skink, he seems to absolutly love it in there, thanks Book for that one. The taller enclosure has my Pink Tongue Skink housed. Skinks are the best reptiles for these type of setups especially if they are from tropical, humid areas in nature. Thanks for checking it out guys, some other fantastic examples from Mr Nuts, Scleropages etc (just so you know I will be poaching ideas)

Last edited:
Scleropages you sure have a knack for growing moss, I only put newspaper and sticks in my enclosures and look at you guys that have these natural set ups with complete wonder and envy.

Nice enclosures guys, Shredapezzy isn't that a bearded in the 3rd and 5th pic?
On the diagonal branch top left.

Yes, the Beardy sneaks in for photo ops.

What are you kepping, if anything in these master pieces Scleropages?

Last edited:
just think this thread should be bumped up and Shredapezzy should post pics of his other enclosures,

also Shredapezzy I would think that that enclosure is to wet for a bearded dragon which I can see sitting on one of the branches

no those are pink tongue skinks, the dragon is best seen in the top left hand corner of the 3ard pic

Attachments

• 10 (3).jpg
    10 (3).jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 357
  • 31 (1).jpg
    31 (1).jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 350
  • 31.05 (3).jpg
    31.05 (3).jpg
    96 KB · Views: 334
  • 10 (14).jpg
    10 (14).jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 386
  • 31.05 (2).jpg
    31.05 (2).jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
I thought it was a bit strange that you would put him in that enclosure to live as you seem to know you stuff :) any pics of the beardeds enclosure :) how many pink tongues do you have?

awesome enclosures mate :)

heres one I did a while ago but didn't have the right lights so it died pretty quickIMG_1540.jpgIMG_1538.jpgIMG_1537.jpgIMG_1536.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back