Want supermoto/motard for L plater suggestions??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah same as that, I had one up until 6 or so months ago I'll add a picture of it tonight when I get home. Mine had the works, ported heads cams, flats slide carb yoshi exhaust mandrel bent header it was a tough little bike

Lmao, I wouldn't ride one either :p

Thailand was amazing, got up to no good and had a ball.
I will post up some good girl pics soon :D

Good stuff miss, what types of no good we talking lol.. ;)

venomous1111 its got one of the lifans in it atm but im thinking about splashing out and buying one of the pitsterpros , the lifan just hasn't held up to getting a flogging and has a really bad case of engine chatter not sure whats wrong but i held it flat for a little to long , just about evreything else on the bike has been replaced now they dont last real long when they get thrashed

yeah the lifans arn't to bad if you look after them a mate of mine has gorn through three lifan 125cc type R engines in the past year he finally came to the conclusion that he needs something with a bit more quality and needs to you can't thrap them as you would on a bigger bike.. Zongshen and GPX make alright motors and are fairly cheap but you can't go past a pitster or even better the daytona's that are little weapons and most of my mates I ride with that are full on into there mini's an do race meets an that swear by them.

Last edited:
yea the saddest thing about it all was that i had literally only put 2 - 2half tanks through it , gotta learn to be a little bit nicer to them when there still being run in i guess :) it still runs fine and only chatters when i back off the throttle and hasn't really affected its performance , any clue what it would be? might throw up a pic of it if i can get the motivation to clean the last 6 months of mud off it its a fun little bike and its still on the tiny little 12 and 10 inch rims

all this talk about pitbikes has got me wanting to buy myself a roadrego one , then i wont have to run at the sight of the blue and red lights

Heres's a couple pics of my old Fully Registered Motovert RX

RX01.jpg
RX02.jpg

I own a roadbike, I first got it to save cash on on fuel... but mainly because I always wanted one.
I love it, sunny days long rides.
Though I think the reasons you stated you want one for is not the right way to go about it.

How will getting a bike make you save time on the road?
Because you can go faster?
Because you can lane split?

You will also find that because it's cheaper to run on fuel, you will go out more and use more.
So it won't be that great big of a difference in the long run.

They get serviced more often, tires get worn quicker...
More cost.

Don't get a motorbike because of the wrong reasons, just get one, because you want one.
I think that's the only reason people should get motorbikes.

You could ride a bike 5 times further around a city than a car and still be in front with fuel. My ute only has 200 RWHP, but the lumpy cam sees me going through $40 for 250 km if I'm in the city..

Im planning on getting a mortard at some stage. I can almost guarantee that I'll be riding the back wheel whenever there are no cars up my backside.

I bought it stock standard 2nd hand for $1200 with almost 400kms on it and rode it around for a while until I got board and dropped the motor and that's when it started. In went a 150cc motor with adjustable electronic ignition, a decent carby that I rejetted to suit, I had a mate tidy the heads up and I port matched the inlet manifold. After some other bits and pieces like the exhaust etc and some fine tuning the thing was a weapon for what it was, more than capable of lofting the front wheel into the air in 3rd gear with no more than a snap of the throttle.
It was an awesome little bike that cost under $5 to fill and did about 90kms to a tank.

i Ride my CBR1000RR most days through sydney traffic,been riding on the road for 15 years. If i was a learner and restricted to a LAMS bike i would get a motard,and probably 2 stroke especially if you don't mind working on bikes and have people to help you,the two stroke is so simple.The trend is to get a bigger 4 stroke,but you can't beat bang for buck with a two stroke.
However when learning how to ride on the road its probably best to have something that doesn't have much power,and is reliable, so a small road bike are good and cheaper than setting up a motard.Learning how to ride is the most important aspect,not how fast your bike goes

wr450 in my eyes would be a great bike. I am a tall dude so that bike was good for me.

It was an awesome little bike that cost under $5 to fill and did about 90kms to a tank.
this is the part that i really like:) , only thing is im about to have to fork out a few grand on rust to keep my 4wd on the road so i wont be getting one for a few months yet . So i gather there isn't to much of a problem(as in rego wise) with doing little bits and pieces to them. What size rims can you legally run do you know , i know it sounds like a dumb question but i don't really like the newer type of pit bikes with the bigger wheels and long guards

Mine had a 125 in it when I got it and I changed it to a 150 and notified the rego department and all was sweet they just wanted to know the engine number.
I kept the 12 inch rims front and rear and put TT 92's on it which is virtually a cut slick so it gripped unbelievable well.
For ADR reasons it had a longer front guard on it but I pissed that of pretty quick and replaced it with a CRF 50 fender which is shorter and can be seen in the picture.

sweet i was talking to a mate about it who is a mechanic and apparently rego is really cheap on them as well , better option than getting a second car

Ull get ova riding a two stroke on the road ya better off wit the four as much fun as the 2's are u will get ova the shakin in them. ( my opinion from racing them compared to a four) and the fours are just as quick now if ya want more feel like a 2 get a suzuki or zwaka wit a slipper clitch and change sprokets

Hi guys - picking up up this thread. Have been doing a bit of research into this topic and am looking at getting a motard for shortening my daily commute. What are some of the most reliable second hand 4 stroke motards for L platers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back