Cave design ideas please?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First a big thanks to everyone for their replies!!!! :p
Ok a bit of an update.
Water proofing done and the last shelf in!
snake015.jpg

Now for the volcano that will sit over the water bowl, now the volcano is NOT finished. This is just an idea how it will look.
snake016.jpg

Grab some fine steel wool and give it a gentle once over, it should knock the shine back without compromising the seal :)

Thanks everyone! I sealed it with pond sealer mudgudgeon.

Very impressive, I really like this project, you've captured your theme really well IMO.
Only small downside is the gloss from sealing it :(
what did you use?
Hi mate, I know gloss lets it down, the good thing is that the cave part of the enclosure is lit with red led's. The one meter strip type, because its red it doesn't give off much light so the shine from the gloss just makes it shimmer nicely.

I've tried to get good pics of it with the led's on but the camera flash doesn't like it.

I'll post some pics to give you an idea but it looks much better in real life.
With camera flash
snake017.jpg

And with out flash
snake018.jpg

I still have to put the 3 meter strip of led's around the out side of the bucket yet and that will shine a red glow out the top of the volcano.

Last edited:
Amazing work DarwinBrian!! You've given me some ideas for the bearded dragon enclosures I'm building.
Absolutely love the detail in it all. Was it hard to get the foam the way you wanted it? What lucky pet gets to live in there?! :) Great work, will be following this thread intently.

hey mate sorry if this sounds stupid but how did you hold the foam to the wood after sculpting it?

have you got any photos from futher back so you can see the whole unit finished? looks mint. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back