Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good! Everytime I saw that ad, it made it harder to wait till next season lol.

My girls i nshed again so she's definitely growing :)

I,m about to up her food size to 100-150g rats :)

Looking good! Is she the one for sale with the het?

This is the girl your talking about Pinoy. Sorry about the poor quality photos, I'll put some better ones up when I find my camera.
65771028-b65b-4373.jpg
65771028-b673-50d7.jpg

Here are my 2 olives...male and female both bought fromscails and tails here in SA.....wanna get another female as soon as i have the money......
WWA_0516.jpg

WWA_0507.jpg

hi guys,
anyone know at what age/size is good for a male to be paired up with a female? picking up a nice adult female on sat for me young male. going to be a couple of year atleast but just wanted to know an age/size?

the albinos and whites are stunning dont think there is any at all over here in the uk not that i have seen anyway. what sort of prices do these tend to go for in australia?

View attachment 257603

old pic of my little lad, need to get some updated ones of him

Last edited:
hi guys,
anyone know at what age/size is good for a male to be paired up with a female? picking up a nice adult female on sat for me young male. going to be a couple of year atleast but just wanted to know an age/size?.

The size and age for Olive Python's to be sexually mature or paired up together is, ( male, size 9 to 11 foot long, age 3 and half to 5 years )-( female, size 10 to 12 foot long, age 4 and half to 6 years ).

Olive Python's take alot longer to mature before they can breed or be paired up together than alot of other Australian Python's.

There is no point in speeding up their size from a hatching to adult by feeding them alot just to get them breeding much younger, its their age that determings whether or not they are ready for breeding and this applies to all other species of Python's and Reptile's IMO.:)

l myself have been keeping Olive Python's since mid 2000 and l currently have just 1 pair of wild caught Olive's, that were collected on permit from Katherine NT in late 2009, so far l have not had any luck in breeding these awesome Python's, that l have kept in the past or keep now its hard to match up a compatable pair together for breeding let me tell you.:lol:

Last edited:
017cd545-d9f8-12ef.jpg
our boy that we have put with a couple of our girls this season to see how they go

hi guys,
anyone know at what age/size is good for a male to be paired up with a female? picking up a nice adult female on sat for me young male. going to be a couple of year atleast but just wanted to know an age/size?.

The size and age for Olive Python's to be sexually mature or paired up together is, ( male, size 9 to 11 foot long, age 3 and half to 5 years )-( female, size 10 to 12 foot long, age 4 and half to 6 years ).

Olive Python's take alot longer to mature before they can breed or be paired up together than alot of other Australian Python's.

There is no point in speeding up their size from a hatching to adult by feeding them alot just to get them breeding much younger, its their age that determings whether or not they are ready for breeding and this applies to all other species of Python's and Reptile's IMO.:)

l myself have been keeping Olive Python's since mid 2000 and l currently have just 1 pair of wild caught Olive's, that were collected on permit from Katherine NT in late 2009, so far l have not had any luck in breeding these awesome Python's, that l have kept in the past or keep now its hard to match up a compatable pair together for breeding let me tell you.:lol:

thanks for the reply, it would be great to get some breeding here in the UK they can be pretty hard to get unless i head over to Hamm in Germany. It would be good to see some albinos aswel, as far as im aware there isnt any in the UK at all.

My 3 "big" olives.

caada24b-bd0f-40e5.jpg

My girl doing the belly bask.
caada24b-bd3b-00c1.jpg

Love olives, haven't found a more interesting snake (and we have heaps!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back