AHS TALK - Dr Gavin Bedford on the Oenpelli project

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hugsta

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

This month (Wednesday 27th June) at the AHS we are privileged to have Dr Gavin Bedford coming along.
His presentation will be on the Oenpelli python and all the issues he had to overcome just to get this project off the ground, let alone all the time and effort gone into it so far. This will be a fascinating talk and I am sure there are lots of questions people would like to ask Gavin about his adventures in search of the illusive Oenpelli and its future in captivity.
This is a talk that you won't want to miss out on so please get in early.

There is a $5 cover charge for all non members for this special event or you can join the AHS on the night or via the website - The Australian Herpetological Society

The meeting will take place at
Sydney Mechanics School of Arts, Mitchell Theatre,
280 Pitt St
Sydney

Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start.

Once again, make sure you get there on time as seating is limited and this is going to be an exceptional talk on a fantastic project, make sure you don't miss it.

For any further infoormation on our meetings, please refer to our website - The Australian Herpetological Society

Regards,
Darren
:D:D

Sounds good Darren. Will have to venture into the big smoke for this one.

Hi Darren, I am happy to place a banner on The HerpTrader advertising this meeting if you want. It is a public service we do. ;)
Cheers, Judy

Hey Judy,

That would be fantastic, thankyou very much.

Cheers
Daz

Can't wait for this one, I spoke to Gavin today and he is keen to catch up with old friends and to give an insight on the complexity involved to get this project to get off the ground.

See you all there, and don't forget to renew your membership if you haven't already or join up on the night.

Gird (AHS President)

PLEASE ... PRETTY PLEASE ... : ... Can we have a DVD of this meeting ? I would buy one if they were available.

Cheers
Sandee :)

Its not something we are set up to do. It's really hard for a volunteer group to do this with minimum orders etc. We are videotaping or sound recording most meetings now and plan to make them available to the members section on the website.

PLEASE ... PRETTY PLEASE ... : ... Can we have a DVD of this meeting ? I would buy one if they were available.

Cheers

OK Thank you :) I will join up and look forward to purchasing same
Cheers

At this stage there will definitely be a sound recording. It also sounds like we will have a full house on the night. To save a delay at the door on the night you can renew your memberships online.

GIRD

Very exciting - hopefully I can make it. Good work on an awesome presentation gird + team.

My pleasure. I have now placed it on the front and the new listing pages. Hope there is a great turnout! :D

Thanks for that Judy, it is certainly shaping up to be a busy night and justifiably so. Going to be a great talk.

Daz

Thanks Kane, we've worked hard to put together a great line-up. Dave Kirchners next with Komodo Island.

Just bumping this as a reminde for all, on this Wednesday.

Daz

Looking forward to Wednesday, sounds like it will be a full house. It will be good to catch up with Gavin again and meet some people in person. The Oenpelli project is something that Gavin has put so much time and effort into, some may question his sanity I did when we where walking through Arnhem land looking for some Oenpelli's. This is a great project which not only has an impact of the reptile society but on wildlife conservation as a whole, this project proves that wildlife conservation is something that can be done within the private sector. This concept must be a part of wildlife conservation into the future if real change is to take place, people need to stand up and take charge as governments are happier watching the animals decline then fixing the issue.

Just a teaser lol
7230485946_c198b71ea4_k.jpg

Cheers Daniel

Last edited:
Sure will be a good night Daniel and its normally these night that bring a lot of the older members in as well, so they are normally a great night for catching up with friends at the pub after the meeting. Will see you there.

Daz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back