Tongue Flick

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantazmic

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
HI everyone

I have a new little jungle carpet python and she is about 4.5 months old. She is feeding well (fuzzy rats) and shed two days ago. Temps 30 in the hot end and about 26 in the cool end. She is in a small click clack made according tot he directions on the forum.

I got her out last night and she was really lively and alert but her tongue flicking was different. She is flicking her tongue but about every fifth flick she puts her tongue out and it stops and she pulls it in slowly and the forks are stuck together,

I am worried this could be the beginning of a RI ?? There are no other signs she is alert and eating well. I have upped her temps on the warm end to 35 degrees and she is curled up right in the warm spot under her paper towel so is nice and warm.

Is there anything else I can do for her apart from keep a close eye and make sure that her symptoms dont get worse ??

I havent had an RI with any of my snakes before so this is a new thing for me. I know I need to look for moisture and bubbles and lack of appetite.

Any ideas about what else this might be ?

If she doesnt stop this n the next few days I taking her to the Vet.

Elizabeth

I could be, but in my experience some snakes do this when they're very excited or hungry. I'd just keep on eye on her just in case :)

Hi

Thanks for that
I just replied and the puter ate my post so I will try again.

She was really razzed when she was doing it last night. She had just shed.....she had shed on her tail and I had to get it off with a damp cloth which she didnt like and it was the first time she had sat on top of my computer and she was striking looking for food...so hungry I fed her and she ate really well ......however having said that I checked on her last night and she looked up at me and was doing it again.

Trouble is I could take her to the vet and she could make a complete liar out of me and not do it.

So I have upped her temps and will be keeping a close watch on her for any other signs.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back