BALINESE CABINET -into- SNAKE VIVARIUM ( heating thoughts )

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JM1982

Reaction score
<BEHIND YOU> ...(if your in Melbourne and your
tank2.jpgtank1.jpg
G,Day!
Just wondering about peoples view on 'Radiant Heating' v 'Ceramic Bulb'.
(always used with a thermostat obviously)

I am at the beginning of transforming this balinese cabinet into a tank for a Centralian Python.

I have used 'Ceramic Bulb' heating with my last snake, a Darwin python, but the 'Radiant Heating'
panels have caught my attention.

Just wondering peoples views on them versus heat bulbs.

From what I can tell:
-'Radiant Heating' will be more expensive to set up but cheaper in the long run as you never replace them.
-They are a sleeker design therefore hidden as appose to a caged bulb you can see.

At this point I plan to put two(in case one fails) small 'radiant heating' panels in the top left corner of the tank, although I welcome comments and thoughts.
-Anyone using them now with any tips or cons?
-Anyone know the best 'radiant heat' panels to use or avoid?

Tomorrow I begin sealing all 'gaps/cracks' in the cabinet and maybe taking off the wooden cage backing (as it needs to be replaced with a solid board. So the heating is a long way off but need help making a decision...
<Hmm, Ceramic or Radiant>

I will be posting pictures as I go on my profile...

;)Please feel free to pop by with any thoughts or questions;)
Or just to follow my progress!

I like the radiators.....set and forget....I have a shelf set up and the radiator is underneath...they can either sit underneath on a branch and bask or sit on the shelf on top of the warmth which they love. I have a nice towel on the shelf and they love it.......

put the thermostat probe on the shelf to regulate the heat.

i quite like the heat panels, ive never used em but i do plan on :) tho a quick question, can they whistand humidity when the snakes are in shed?

Under a shelf and on top, great idea!
I assume you get more movement that way as appose to the python just sitting in the same spot all day.
Very helpful!

I never had any dramas with myn either.
decisions decisions!

I like the radiators.....set and forget....I have a shelf set up and the radiator is underneath...they can either sit underneath on a branch and bask or sit on the shelf on top of the warmth which they love. I have a nice towel on the shelf and they love it.......

put the thermostat probe on the shelf to regulate the heat.
Under a shelf and on top, great idea!
I assume you get more movement that way as appose to the python just sitting in the same spot all day.
Very helpful!

I never had any dramas with myn either.
decisions decisions!

(sorry about the scattered posts, new here and still figuring it out):shock:

i quite like the heat panels, ive never used em but i do plan on :) tho a quick question, can they whistand humidity when the snakes are in shed?

Good question! I should look into that.
Hinestly no idea, but 99% sure they would!

Honestly* (dam 'smart' phone!)

Last edited:
This is the best pic I have at the moment but it shows you the shelf the habistat reptiradiator is underneath. There are a few different sorts of radiators and if you have a look at some of my old threads I am sure you will find some on the heat panels. I am really happy with the enclosures i wouldnt put a fake rock in the bottom again and would probably include some heat cord in the bottom just set at a low temp as we have had the odd occasion in winter when the snakes get caught thermoregulating and get a bit too cold. Hasnt happened often but next time I contact my enclosre builder I am going to ask him if he can put any on. The stick going down is really good as they have to exercise to move up and down the enclosure. I would think about lining yours out with melamine as I would think snake poo would get inot the wood and make it stink. I would suggest black melamine too I think it looks way better than the white.

I am going to be in Sydney for the next little while. I should have puter access but not sure. If you need more pics I will take them when I get back.

View attachment 257241

I bought an enclosure on the weekend that has heat panels havent set it up yet to see how they go yet will be on the weekend though so I cant really add to the debate.
But what I would do if I was you would be to make that hole in the middle into a hide with a viewimg window. Have a fake rock up top leading through a hole in the floor to his hide would look great.

I bought an enclosure on the weekend that has heat panels havent set it up yet to see how they go yet will be on the weekend though so I cant really add to the debate.
But what I would do if I was you would be to make that hole in the middle into a hide with a viewimg window. Have a fake rock up top leading through a hole in the floor to his hide would look great.

Nice idea. I was thinking of maybe doing something like that. although the doors would have to come off... and my partners only input has been to keep them! (as appose to replacing with sliding glass)... but we will see.
Look forward to your feed back on the panels! - do you have pics?

Yeh nothing special 3 in 1 but yeh it will do untill I can find the time to build my own. And for $500 I cant really complain with the amount of extras he included it was well worth it I think.

Wo/t let me upload pic of my phone, ill give it a go when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back