Snake murdered/ Authorities powerless

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

r3ptilian

Reaction score
A mate has just rang me saying his mother killed his juvie RBB, he came home to find his snake dead upside down under its exoterra hide. Apparently she had taken a spare key for the lock from his car keys without his knowledge and waited until he went out for the night before entering his room, opened the cage and from what he says bludgeoned it with a branch. The cage furnishings and substrate had been strewn throughout the enclosure. Of course she denied it so he called DSE, who said that because it is a captive bred animal and not wild they are unable to prosecute or even investigate the matter. They recommended he call the police and see how they could help. This sounds like an absolute load of bovine excrement on their behalf to me, what do all you think? Any advice would be much appreciated as he is distraught as you can imagine.
Cheers R3ptilian. :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

that's pretty nuts :| I assume the rationale would be "oh, it's scary and might kill me...or something. I'll kill it first! YEAH, that makes me better than it!"

Who would do that, let alone to their child, whom it brings joy? If this theory was applied too all captive animals, I'm sure his mother would have a heart attack if she found her pet cat bludgeoned in its bed.

And her defense is what? "Sorry Son. I just walked into your room to check up on the little guy, and found it wielding a branch and beating its own skull into a state of being unrecognizable. I had nothing to do with it. I guess it was suffering depression and decided to end it all."

Last edited:
Question, does he live with his mother and if so did she say he could bring a RBB into her house?

Question, does he live with his mother and if so did she say he could bring a RBB into her house?

Likewise, depending on their age (and I'm assuming not a 14 year old due to a licensed ven), mothers can live with their children in their childrens house.

In anycase, I'm not sure killing the animal is an appropriate nor acceptable course of action.

I feel sorry for the snake and its owner but there is some good in it.
That means we don't have to register our captive bred snakes because they are not wildlife (and they are not!). By their own admission, DSE has no powers and therefore can't control anything other than wildlife.

That's awful :( I'm sorry for your friends loss, and in such a manner... I would never do that to one of my kids pets.

Totally irrelevant, she could have given an ultimatum, not wormed around behind his back, stolen off him and killed an innocent animal. That is a huge betrayal of trust. I could not and would not have someone like that in my life.

wow thats crazy , my mum doesn't like my snakes but she would never kill one them , im with Kaotikjetza disone her (atleast for a little while but she is his mum ) and move out , oh and maybe take something she cherishes (not living of coarse) and destroy it then leave it somewhere for her to find

I agree, I would move out and never speak to her. I would be civil for the sake of the rest of the family but other then that she would no longer exist. Im so sorry for his loss and how it happened, while it is a ven it's a beautiful creature. I stop family members from killing wild snakes and now they just call my name when they see one. They wait for me to identify it for them and react based on my imput. My Mum loves my lizards and spoils them and my Folks have handled one of my snakes but they would never kill them.

It was his only remaining reptile. He had sold his juvie GTP and sub-adult Inland Taipan not long ago, shame the Tai wasnt kept and put up a fight against her. She claims that she never stepped foot in his room and that she knows nothing about it.:twisted:
Do you think the RSPCA might help him out? If he was to return the favour to her 1 of her 3 yapyaps (****zu), which he is not that sort of heartless degenerate, he would be bent over and right royally mated. But smash the bejeezus out of a little snake and you get away with it. It really irritates me that these OXYGEN THIEVES exist.

does your mate have any problems with his mum? do they argue at all?
I live with my mum and she is horrible and abusive to me but I doubt she would ever kill my snakes or reps. She loves my geckos and dragon and is too scared of my snake to even go near the enclosure (even if it is only a stimmie).
Sometimes moving out is not an option

does your mate have any problems with his mum? do they argue at all?
I live with my mum and she is horrible and abusive to me but I doubt she would ever kill my snakes or reps. She loves my geckos and dragon and is too scared of my snake to even go near the enclosure (even if it is only a stimmie).
Sometimes moving out is not an option
I think the only problem he has with her besides her killing his snake is she is a Goon-Aholic and lives on prescription pills, still no excuse to kill his herp. If she had a problem with it she never said anything to him, and even then it doesnt warrant her actions.

I think the only problem he has with her besides her killing his snake is she is a Goon-Aholic and lives on prescription pills, still no excuse to kill his herp. If she had a problem with it she never said anything to him, and even then it doesnt warrant her actions.

I totally agree. It doesn't warrant her actions. Goon and perscription pills doesn't sound like a good combo for a "mentally healthy" individual. I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened. Was there any loose ornament or high branches that may have fallen down onto the snake crushing it? Either way this is horrible :(

Quite obviously she isn't the most mentally stable person.
Poor RBBS

Obviously not, she is infatuated with Wacko Jacko so maybe the 3rd anniversary of his death sent her troppo. Im pretty sure he will be moving out very soon and until then will not be buying anymore herps.

Yeah man I hope he can get out of that environment!!

I totally agree. It doesn't warrant her actions. Goon and perscription pills doesn't sound like a good combo for a "mentally healthy" individual. I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened. Was there any loose ornament or high branches that may have fallen down onto the snake crushing it? Either way this is horrible :(

It was kept in an enclosure with paper for substrate and an exoterra hide that it would not be able to lift, the only other things in there were a water bowl and a branch that was self supporting and in no danger of falling or crushing the snake.

Can't change what's happened but it seems there is a simple course of action to be followed here. He lives with his Mum - that's what needs to change in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back