My WOMAS SICK

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the vet can help you. And from now on put some money away each week for future vet bills. Hopefully you won't ever need it but at least then the animal may stand a chance. Best of luck with it!

ummm actually was meaning a rough price if indeed i did actually manage to poison him?

My mrs is telling me to give him away to someone else that can take care of him cuz she dont want me spending that much money although i dont mind soo i dunno what to do im gonna find out tommorow how much it will be.

simple, get your priorities right, get rid of your missus and get your snake to the vet,,,

ummm actually was meaning a rough price if indeed i did actually manage to poison him?

My mrs is telling me to give him away to someone else that can take care of him cuz she dont want me spending that much money although i dont mind soo i dunno what to do im gonna find out tommorow how much it will be.

If you cant afford a vet then giving it away to a reptile rescue is a better option than letting it die, what area are you in?>

Bag him up and take him to the vet right now. The poor guy is only going to get worse, which means the bill is only going to get bigger. If you don't have any experience with ill snakes, as you mentioned before, don't go to a pet shop for help.. go to a vet. Not meaning to have a go at you.. but seriously, dude?

No offense intended but you sound like a real peanut don't get another snake if this one dies

So very rude. People make mistakes and he's doing (or has done) what he can. Get off your high horses please.

I'm really hoping your snake gets better as difficult financially it is, the vet is your only and responsible option.

Yes we should all have a back-up fund in case of these emergencies and on this occasion there isn't one so constructive critisism please people. Help the animal.

The high-horse riders are the reason why a lot of people don't visit this site very much anymore.

All the best for your snake.

I don't think calling some wingnut out on completely irresponsible and downright neglectful behaviour is getting on a high horse.

Please God don't ever let this clown have children....got the flu?? ORPHANAGE.

pythonlegs , whilst i can agree that what he did was a little irresponsible i:e not reading directions properly , but to say he was neglecting it is a little silly , he has hardly neglected his animal imo , just asked if maybe he should give it away to someone who can care for it better and he actually sprayed it for mite ( although it was to often ) and has come here looking for advice

imo if he was being neglectful he never would have done anything i mentioned above and just left the snake to sit in its enclosure with mites

although i do hope the op got his woma to a vet , if he hasn't got it to a vet after being told how serious this could be , then that would be neglectful

I'm really hoping your snake gets better as difficult financially it is, the vet is your only and responsible option.

Yes we should all have a back-up fund in case of these emergencies and on this occasion there isn't one so constructive critisism please people. Help the animal.

The high-horse riders are the reason why a lot of people don't visit this site very much anymore.

All the best for your snake.

Actually, having been a member of this site for years (and occasional rider of high horses lol!), I see the member and visitor list just keeps growing... this is a very popular site, no doubt the busiest in Australia, but like anything, you can't please everyone all the time. I have a lot of experience, but I don't know everything (despite how it may seem sometimes :)), I enjoy sharing any knowledge I have which may be useful to anyone in need of it... and I'm not shy about correcting some of the very misleading stuff posted here by those who offer advice without knowing what they're talking about, but I don't tolerate sheer ignorance or foolish behaviour very well. To me, insecticde = poison = potential danger to living things, therefore you READ THE INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING IT AS REQUIRED. If your dog has fleas, do you treat it as indicated on the flea-killer label? Or do you pour it on twice a day until all the fleas AND THE DOG are dead on the off-chance you might have missed a few? I suppose one way of getting rid of mites and fleas is to kill the hosts as well...

A member here yesterday suggested the he/she uses sticky tape on the head & eyes of his/her snakes to detect and/or remove mites... good grief!!! How many threads have been posted here about snakes ripping their skin off by coming into contact with tapes of various sorts. There are many different types of sticky tape, from low-tack to very high-tack... get one of the latter and you'll guarantee damage to your snake by ripping skin or even pulling an eye out. That sort of thoughtless dispersing of frankly stupid and potentially dangerous advice is what gets up my nose, and as long as the mods allow me to comment, I won't let it go unchallenged, even in the bluntest of terms.

Jamie

I would suggest it neglectful to try and palm off the vet bill...
if they had attempted mite treatment, perhaps very honestly stuffed up, but then made it right (and without complaint or hesitance), then I wouldn't.
But to cause your animal illness, and not want to bother with a vet, too me, is neglectful.

Also, to swap snakes? To give someone else your sick snake, requiring vet assistance, and no guarantee of life, for a healthy snake of theirs? what the hell?

According to the OP, it was his wife that said it, and that he was fine with spending the money and taking it to the vet. All I can see is him asking roughly how much it would be.

^^^^and everyone got all mad at him for wanting to know in advance , it doesn't mean that he doesn't care for the animal , i often ask the vet how much the bill will be on the phone when booking my dogs in to the vet , doesn't mean i don't care just that i like to know

Hope all goes well for you and your woma mate. No ones perfect and im sure everythig you done was with the best intentions. With you misses saying give it away, its your snake and your money, my misses was the same untill i got her a pair of womas, now she loves snakes. And all these people putting you down when your asking for help shame on them, everyone needs help at some point. If your woma dose pass on it wasnt the first nor the last just take it in your stride. People learn from there mistakes. If possable after all this is resolved try put some money away when ever you can. You never know when you need a vet, or you open your freezer and thers no rats left, or evan a power bill shows up.

All the best mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back