AHS TALK - Dr Gavin Bedford on the Oenpelli project

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day All. I know this is late in the day but on the point above can I just say if you are new or a recent convert please talk to the many old heads at the meeting. Most of them dont bite and are very willing to impart pearls of wisdom on critters past and future. This is an important part of making sure the hobby moves forward - involving everyone. As SBS says 7 billion stories and counting. Every one of you has a story and this is a good way to break the ice. I am looking forward to catching up with old friends and meeting new ones. As my son says 'a stranger is just a friend I haven't met yet'. Cheers Gavin Bedford

Thanks Gavin. I look forward to meeting you and many others.

here is to a great turn out tomorrow night! Let me know how it goes please. I think the banners on the HerpTrader may have helped promote it a bit? :D

Thanks for the support Judy. Gavin deserves a big crowd for this one!

See you all there tonight, am looking forward to the talk very much :)

In addition to the presentation, the raffle will offer the chance to win some great prizes, & there will be light refreshments available.

For any APSers that are coming along, introduce yourself to us at the door, let us know your username so we can put a name to the face. Most will know who I am and a few others on here like Girdheinz etc. I should be at the table at the front, providing my wife lets me out for the night - it is her 40th B'day today. :shock: So who knows. :D

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Daz

For any APSers that are coming along, introduce yourself to us at the door, let us know your username so we can put a name to the face. Most will know who I am and a few others on here like Girdheinz etc. I should be at the table at the front, providing my wife lets me out for the night - it is her 40th B'day today. :shock: So who knows. :D

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Daz

Priorities mate, she can wait. Not as if this is the only birthday she'll ever have. Plus its your turn to drive :)

One of night of enjoyment vs 12 months of torture....!!!! Hell, I live with the torture everyday, another year will make no difference. lol :D:D

Thanks Gavin. It certainly is a very exciting project.

I wanted to say to Gavin...send in Austen Stevens, he will find them for you. :)

bit cagey on the amount the locals are getting though wasn't he...

The talk really reinforced my opinion that the existence of wildlife authorities is perhaps the greatest threat to wildlife.
Good luck with finding a boy Gavin

It was a great talk, and I think everyone really enjoyed it. It's always good to see a big turnout to meetings, so thanks everyone for supporting the night.
Next month with Dave Kirshner talking on Komodo's should be fantastic.

I did think the post meeting debrief at the pub was the best in ages. Everyone seemed to get around and mingle, which always makes for a great night.

oh gotcha! i no the guy u mean! i believe he was at a new castle expo a year or so ago!

austin stevens - reptile guy
steve austin - dog trainer!

bet u could use both! he can train dogs to sniff the snakes out!

This was my first AHS experience. Definitely enjoyed it and will be at the next one for sure :D

Steve Austin was the 6 million doller man
Also is a wrestler steve stone cold Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back