Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone, I just ordered a few things through cichlid direct so will post some pic's when they arrive :)
I will give Majestic aquariums a go next time ;)

Venomous it was 30 when I started posting it lol, i'm sory guys i'm haveing trouble posting at the moment my internet is geting to the end of the month some times it take forever so I try late at night when it's not so pact hopefuly should speed up again soon and i'll get back into it, i'm still haveing fun reading the stuff but I can't upload the attachments. :D

Has any body been watching Tanked on foxtel? if your not you should its awsom some of the tanks they make.

Last edited:
Squirtal your link didn't work for me.I would like to have a look at your jack.Do you keep him heated all year?Mine is outside in the weather.When I do a water change on my marine tank I dump that in his tank to keep the salt levels up.Other wise he gets water of the roof,which I have stored in drums.

Sent from someone who tries to care.

Nope He stays in a 6x2x2.5 full fresh water 4-5 full fresh prawns a day. Once he gets bigger (3ftish) his into the tub!

IMG-20120310-00089.jpg

Thats him a few months back grown a bit only picture I have and one with him in the tank.

IMG-20120310-00088.jpg

And My Toga

IMG-20120228-00054.jpg

IMG-20120228-00051.jpg

In a tub. Tubs 3ft long when his dead straight theres less then a foot left !!!

IMG-20120229-00078.jpg

Jack as a baby

IMG-20120229-00075.jpg

My Display Black Belt. Yes yes my camera is crap I know but she still looks great :D

IMG_1685.jpg

Female Red terror! TRY TO FIND ONE IN AUS WITH THIS COLOR! :)

IMG_1694.jpg

Male Jag with split tail, Dont Mess with his mate shes the man in the relationship lol.

IMG_1693.jpg

Thats Here

Sorry went a bit over board! Just felt I post too much txt and not enough pictures =P

one for the lolz.

This is what started what I have now... a little 2ft tank turned into a garage xd

IMG_00000003.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks squirtle appreciate it.I do love my cichlids that's what I first started with as a young fella.I love the JAG my old flat mate and me had one in a display tank we called him bubba LOL.He was 13-14" long when he died,very sad day as he was the only fry that survived out of a clutch of eggs,he ate all his brothers and sisters.You might want to add some salt to the jacks water as he gets bigger,he will hold his colour better.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Yeah Jags are cool. Best is when they yawn could stick my fist in my males mouth his about 14 " also girls around 11" this is tail to tip of lip not body size but.

Just got home and turned lights on to try for a pic, straight to hiding place. Im home tomorrow so Ill get one.

Just remembered how much I like the jags - if I had unlimited space I'd breed them and frontosa (separately, not with each other)

Agree with comment about salt and jacks - doesn't have to be heaps but some will help.

This is the Amazon Puffer we bought to keep our Pig Nosed Turtle company, it is around 40cm long.
puffer.jpg

Venomous it was 30 when I started posting it lol, i'm sory guys i'm haveing trouble posting at the moment my internet is geting to the end of the month some times it take forever so I try late at night when it's not so pact hopefuly should speed up again soon and i'll get back into it, i'm still haveing fun reading the stuff but I can't upload the attachments. :D

Has any body been watching Tanked on foxtel? if your not you should its awsom some of the tanks they make.

I've seen a few of them but non of the recent ones.. Some of the stuff they do is intense like converting a car to a fish tank lol or the 70,000 gallon reef setup..

This is the Amazon Puffer we bought to keep our Pig Nosed Turtle company, it is around 40cm long.
puffer.jpg

Nice fish mate,pretty sure it's not an amazon puffer but a mbu puffer, they originate from lake Tanganyika and the Congo river in Africa and get big around 60cm.. I was looking at getting one for my African community setup but they don't mix to well with cichlids.

Last edited:
I have a 1000ltr tub I'm going to setup for my nephew.He wants to put a couple of bass in there.But I want to get him to put a Murray cod in there.Really what I wanted is a eastern cod,but not sure if you can even buy them as they are protected.Anyone have any thoughts?

Bass and murray cod will be fine together as long as the cod isn't big enough to get his mouth around the bass, If you get fingerlings an let them grow together you'll be sweet.. I released 200 bass fingerlings and 10 murray cod fingerlings into my dam in 2010 so I could test out lures for fishing trips, last time I went down there all we could get was bass and they would only hit unweighted live garden worms and had grown to around the 25cm mark not monsters but there thriving so I'm happy.. Eastern cod are an Endangered species so there a no go for aquariums.

Where can you get those puffers? And how much? I've been looking forever for some f/w puffers!

Last edited:
Where can you get those puffers? And how much? I've been looking forever for some f/w puffers!

Are you after a particular species?

I know a shop in west Sydney that sells them 10cm for $35 not sure what species they have available though.. I occasionally go in there an see what his got going on when I'm visiting mates out that way, he's big in natives.. It's called Georgies Ark - 86 glossop st, st marys 8678-525 give him a call and see what he has.

hi anyone know where i can get a cheap 4ft aquarium close to Toowoomba i will travel to Brisbane for it. I have a tropical tank going nicely at the moment with bristle-nose catfish, guppies, kullie loaches and longbeacks breeding in it.

Nice setup mate, it looks nice seeing a planted tank, looks healthy to.

haha yeah its doing rediculously well

and majority of the plants are all cuttings from friends and the whole set up there is pretty simple

im gunna swap around some stuff so i can fit my 4 foot tank in there somewhere again the native bug is biting again so im gunna grab a mangrove jack to keep me happy seeming iv had pretty much everything but a sleepy cod saratoga or mangrove jack now lol

Sent from my iPhone

Good stuff mate, some of those aquatic plants realy grow like weeds, a setup I used to have used to have to throw out a bag of cutings a fortnght.

thats what that little 2 foot tank is like now with that ludwigia aye hahaha

its pretty good i feed the fish and change the water and add a few spoon fulls of kn03 and a touch of seachem safe with the water

but then again most of the plants are root feeders and its got mts and a yeast c02 set up that i threw together aswell so yeah and the tank was planted for a few months before i started putting fish in it tooo which has helped ten fold

Sent from my iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back