Brown tree snakes!!??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They pop up on RDU and Herp Trader a bit. I had heaps of trouble tracking one down about a year ago though

Plus their prices are a little ridiculous at the moment. $450+ for one is a bit of a joke.

It's not a joke mate, when you breed them one day (if at all) you will find out why the price is not a joke. Have a little respect for those who put the time and expertise into it, BTSs aren't carpets.

i-Qgd997F-M.jpg

Last edited:
Reptile Territory had a few available a while ago, very nice looking night tiger form.

I have a couple that will be up for sale in a couple of months. They are a little troublesome to feed but once i have them feeding fine i'll put them up.

That is a great photo, Michael. Brand new hatchies, ready to bite!

It's not a joke mate, when you breed them one day (if at all) you will find out why the price is not a joke. Have a little respect for those who put the time and expertise into it, BTSs aren't carpets.

i-Qgd997F-M.jpg

I've got a perfectly good understanding of BTS and their husbandry requirements "mate", I suppose the next thing you'll be telling me is $5k is a reasonable sum for Chondros? Brown trees are no big deal.

i-Qgd997F-M.jpg

Amazing photo. Pseudonaja irregularis :p

I've got a perfectly good understanding of BTS and their husbandry requirements "mate", I suppose the next thing you'll be telling me is $5k is a reasonable sum for Chondros? Brown trees are no big deal.
excuse me but why are some reptiles "a big deal"? why are GTP's more of a deal than a childreni?!

So you have bred them. ???

excuse me but why are some reptiles "a big deal"? why are GTP's more of a deal than a childreni?!

Because childreni suck :p.
I'm pretty sure that comment was just meant in the context of husbandry complexity

I've got two lots of friends who breed them. I understand they are difficult to get feeding, but then there are plenty of other species with similar issues. Not all BTS are difficult feeders. The prices are a little ridiculous. Don't get me started on the ridiculous pricing of GTP's. But hey, each to their own. I'm just telling people to watch for over-inflated prices.

RDU has a pair of breeding night tigers listed. Too bad I'm too lazy to build and enclosure for them or I would buy them.

No, not really but you have a talent. Thanks for stuffing up this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back