Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i got my heat mat and my click clack but not sure what to do i no it sounds silly but do i just but a tea towel on my table im putting it on then sit the CC on the heat mat or does something have to be inbetween the CC and the heat mat or just have a gab inbetween them sorry if i shoud silly

IMG_0696.jpg

My 22-23L Click Clack that I made for Moose as he's a GTP in the making. It's about 35cm long x 25cm wide x 26cm high. I made holes for real branches and have a tiny bit of fake plant in there + a warm and cool hide. With lots of air holes in the sides and lid.

The lip that's around the top is great as he loves to sit up on that and the lid has bits on the end (moulded into the lid) that snap over the handles, so it's nice and secure.

$12 from the Reject Shop (it's a file storage container)

Wow this is great, I can't wait for Shan to get home from school so I can show her, she's going to love making this (handy 13 yr old that she is lol). Still a month or two until she gets her first hatchy so she's going to be really well prepared & this project is going to be great for her, thanks, Terri (Shanni's Mum).

Thanks for the tip... I've just finished my 35L (Kmart doesn't sell any smaller underbed) for an adult Stimsons, I hope it's not too long/large? (these are quite shallow)

I also live in QLD, what do you use the framed flywire/hole for? To rest the heat bulb on top of lid or something else?

And also what do you mean: a hole for the thermostat probe? I've never seen one, where to buy, how much and what does one look like?

Thanks heaps.

Doing the photoframe thing just provides more ventilation, which you may need if you live in a humid climate. If not, you can skip that step.

Thermostat probe, is the what measures the temp in a thermostat. It looks like the probes you find on the indoor/outdoor thermometers, just bigger.
If your not running a thermostat (which in my opinion you definitely should be, don't wanna cook your animals) then you can skip this step too. Just make sure you monitor your temps closely.

just wondering the requirements for a 1 year old spotted, like what i would need and the approx total cost. hope its okay thankyou

You would need:

A plastic tub: $5-10
Heatmat or heatcord: $15-50 depending on brand/wattage
Thermostat (optional): $45+
Timer (optional): $15+
prices are based on my experience

Your friend will need a cool side and a warm side so set the heat under 1/3rd of the tub. He will also need a waterbowl on the coolside, as well as a few hides.
Set your timer to mimic the times of the sun and you should be golden.
Also, I'm not sure what temp your little friend will need, so do a little research.

Cheers
Kev :)

thankyou, i have all the stuff as i have an envlouser already set up, jus not the timer(will look into it though). she really loves to climb and hide so do you think i could put more dowls in? dont want to weeken the click clack itself:)

is it important to keep a hatchy snake in a click clack or could it go straight into an enclosure?

this would be a great idea as i just got two hatchys blonde spotted pythons but i have a three year old who loves the snakes :/ so i have them in a locked enclosure :D i am getting a bigger enclosure for them next week so thinking i can make one each of these for them to go into that. will that work?

@feathergrass, it's best to put them in a click clack because most hatchlings feel very threatened in big open areas like large enclosures. Click clacks also make it easier to control the heat and keep it clean for new keepers.

@00fathead00, you plan to make three click clacks to keep them inside the enclosure? This could work fine, however I would use a heat cord to heat the click clacks instead of using any kind of overhead heating (lighting, etc), because you run the risk of overheating them this way. Heat mats would work also, however it's easier to heat multiple enclosures with a cord then it is using multiple mats.

As an extra measure, I used a hot glue gun to seal around the dowelling. I accidentally made the holes for the dowelling too big >_<

Thermostat (optional): $45+

45 bucks? Ouch!!
I got a brand new from eBay for $12 (incl. delivery).

And it's still going like clock work and does exactly the same job as my mate's more expensive one...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

I've gone through this thread and picked up lots of helpful hints and such but there is one thing I am still uncertain of (and it seems like a noob question, but i really dont want to start I fire...) where does the HEAT MAT go? I just purchased a small plastic tub (I also have a glass one if it comes to it) but the heat mat instructions say for glass use only.

are the heat mats still able to be used with a plastic tub???? I'm worried it'll melt the plastic or such. and if i can use it with a plastic tub, does it go under the subtrate (in my case newspaper) or under the actual plastic tub???

cheers for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back