Snake murdered/ Authorities powerless

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No he is not a drug addict, nor does he take drugs. Why would anybody kill their own pet and then ring DSE to say it had been killed, I have met this lady and I believe she would have done it to spite him. He has since told me that she has previously let his pet bird out, flushed his fish and sprayed his spiders and scorpions. As I said he is 110% sure his mother is responsible for its death, it was found under its hide as in the hide was placed on top of the body of the snake itself. I wasnt asking if she should get help or if you believe she killed it. I was simply asking if anyone could offer any advice. To all those that have tried to help, thanks.

lol, i was gonna say he could always get another one, but maybe he should stop getting animals all together, maybe stuffed/toy animals is the answer for him here, they do make real life like looking ones these days, no feeding cleaning or death to worry about!

lol, i was gonna say he could always get another one, but maybe he should stop getting animals all together, maybe stuffed/toy animals is the answer for him here, they do make real life like looking ones these days, no feeding cleaning or death to worry about!

Or get a pet pitbull from the pound that was put there after attacking someone.....lets see her mess with that pet.

This whole story sounds like bs! More questions then answers

would of been funny if he had a big cage defensive olive.....she woulda had no hand before she got the chance to hit it..

its pretty pethetic that nothing can be done about it animal cruelty should be taken more seriously!!!

i would litrelly disown my mum if she did that to any animal, besides "pest" god i want to go to where ever it is and scream till my throat bleeds -___-

I don't think i would have a strong enough will power to not take the stick she used to kill the snake and bash her head in with it.

What happened here was totally unacceptable. BUT there are two sides to this story. This animal keeper knew that his mother had a propensity to harm/kill his pets. So this begs the question - why the hell did he bother getting any more animals after his bird was released and his goldfish flushed down the toilet and his invertebrates poisoned? This guy must be really taking the piss if he thinks that his mother isn't going to continue killing the animals he brings into the house. It's just downright stupid, and if my mother was doing that you can be certain I wouldn't be getting any animals in that house again, and any I did have, even dogs or cats, would be sent to loving homes as I wouldn't be able to trust her with ANY animal, let alone a snake!

The story smells like bovine excrement to be honest, but it could very well be true, and if it is, of course the mother is culpable as she has no right to harm/kill animals or protected wildlife which reptiles are. But he had no right to be subjecting more animals to a terrible demise either, he should have kept it off limits for ANY animal. After his mother killed his goldfish and let his bird free he would have presumed his mother hated animals, moved out, and found somewhere else to live. I know I would have, I don't support any violence of any kind toward the culprit here, but the victim should move out and end any relationship he has with the culprit, at least temporarily and maybe permanently if she is mentally unsound and deliberately vicious as she appears to be here. Disowning one's own mother will be tough, but ruining her son's trust like this is something I would consider quite nasty and never to be taken lightly.

If she was reported, the police should be involved, at least for this case, but also for the other cases where his other animals were killed. Destruction of another's property is illegal, and his mother ought to be aware of that regardless of where that property is located (ie, inside her house).

What happened here was totally unacceptable. BUT there are two sides to this story. This animal keeper knew that his mother had a propensity to harm/kill his pets. So this begs the question - why the hell did he bother getting any more animals after his bird was released and his goldfish flushed down the toilet and his invertebrates poisoned? This guy must be really taking the piss if he thinks that his mother isn't going to continue killing the animals he brings into the house. It's just downright stupid, and if my mother was doing that you can be certain I wouldn't be getting any animals in that house again, and any I did have, even dogs or cats, would be sent to loving homes as I wouldn't be able to trust her with ANY animal, let alone a snake!

The story smells like bovine excrement to be honest, but it could very well be true, and if it is, of course the mother is culpable as she has no right to harm/kill animals or protected wildlife which reptiles are. But he had no right to be subjecting more animals to a terrible demise either, he should have kept it off limits for ANY animal. After his mother killed his goldfish and let his bird free he would have presumed his mother hated animals, moved out, and found somewhere else to live. I know I would have, I don't support any violence of any kind toward the culprit here, but the victim should move out and end any relationship he has with the culprit, at least temporarily and maybe permanently if she is mentally unsound and deliberately vicious as she appears to be here. Disowning one's own mother will be tough, but ruining her son's trust like this is something I would consider quite nasty and never to be taken lightly.

If she was reported, the police should be involved, at least for this case, but also for the other cases where his other animals were killed. Destruction of another's property is illegal, and his mother ought to be aware of that regardless of where that property is located (ie, inside her house).

The animals that were previously killed were killed long ago, he had no other option than to take his snake to his mothers house with him until he had approval to sell it. As the law states your animals must be kept at the same residence as the license holder so what else was he to do? sell it before the required 6 mths and run the risk of being fined? Not just that, the new buyer may have the animal ceased as it is acquired illegally through no fault of their own, much like buying a car that is under hire purchase without knowing. If you think it all a bunch of BS, then thats your opinion and you are entitled to it. Thats all I have to say. Cheers.

A quick call to DERM, with an explanation of the situation, and approval would most likely have been given to sell the reptile before the 6months period.

i agree r3ptillian every one needs to chill and stop blaming the owner it's the exact same as people blaming the cops for the death of someone when the chase a car that ends up crashing, the cops didn't crash a crazy criminal did so why blame the cops.

i agree r3ptillian every one needs to chill and stop blaming the owner it's the exact same as people blaming the cops for the death of someone when the chase a car that ends up crashing, the cops didn't crash a crazy criminal did so why blame the cops.

Agreed. We shouldn't blame the cops. If however the cops chased a criminal, the criminal crashed, so then the police went and got the criminal another car for them to speed again and resume another high speed chase we would probably have reason to criticise.....just as in this case where the animals owner repeatedly provides opportunity for another pet to be killed....as previously stated, it's pretty stupid.

And as for the other arguing that he had no choice but to take it to his mothers despite knowing she would try to kill it....why defend the indefensible? There are a multitude of other options that would have prevented death to the animal without getting fines for the owner. I don't think the story is BS as other people have suggested. But I do think it's really dumb and could have been prevented.

In Vic approval must be sought in writing.

Well then, a quick call would have established whatever was required and then paved the way to move the snake on early. Try not to take me too literally...

In exceptional circumstances, a licence holder may apply to the Secretary to the Department of Sustainability and Environment for an exemption from this requirement, but this is generally only given once.

Given that a change of address needed to be done in any case, this seems like a natural request.

Can we send Tracy Grimshaw out with her microphone and get to the bottom of this.

I want interviews with everyone. (Specially the mum, she sounds adorable)

ok guys i think the OP on this thread has more than enough Ideas on how to handle this situation ... i think i'll close it up before things get more out of hand and people get carried away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back