Swollen children's python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and now for my next problem..... my lovely/evil boxer puppy...

8062557e.jpg

hahaha get used to it ive got 2 boxers one is just hitting 12 months and they stay puppys in their mind until there about 9 - 10 year old imo great dogs hey mine can always bring a smile to my face , even if shes done something like yours has , mine has a habit that everything on my back verandah has to end up in the yard and everything in the yard has to go on the verandah :) ive woken to the fluff all over the house so don't worry your not alone

well snake is still not 100%... we are of the opinion now that maybe the wound or damage is not in the jaw, but in the throat as that remains swollen. having injections of antibiotics twice per week still and leaving her alone as much as possible.

the vet is Dr Nadeem @ glenside vet, got his details from this site and he appears very knowledgable. my only realistic option too as im in the adelaide hills, the other vets are about an hour drive away...

thomasss - yeh she didnt even really get in trouble for that! im used it by now... she is a terror, but such a wicked dog!!! often wonder if getting a second one will keep her more ocupied? but while at the vet for the snake i bought her a heap of things to keep her busy during the day! we have heaps of land for her but her real passion is shredding things!!!!! last house we lived at she got to the neighbours chickens!!!

thomasss - yeh she didnt even really get in trouble for that! im used it by now... she is a terror, but such a wicked dog!!! often wonder if getting a second one will keep her more ocupied? but while at the vet for the snake i bought her a heap of things to keep her busy during the day! we have heaps of land for her but her real passion is shredding things!!!!! last house we lived at she got to the neighbours chickens!!!
haha sounds like your describing my little girl , she's a shredder ive learnt to only give her bed sheets to sleep on because anything with fluff inside just leaves to much of a mess , i called her indie after indiana jones because she was such a little explorer as a pup she ended up getting on my second story roof twice , i blocked the way out the first time but she managed to do it again so i completely boarded up the entire section of the verandah she was getting through

i originally got my pup i have now to give my old girl a friend for her last few years , its made her heaps more active and happy , they do play together great but it can mean double trouble at times if the old girl decides to join in with the pup in shredding things (she's never done anything like it before though)

how old is she ? my family's had 4 in the past and in our experience they tend to settle down with the chewing at about 2-3 years but they still think their a pup till their about 10 when they start slowing down a bit :)

I have 2 Amstaffs lux and they both LOVE to chew. To concur this habit I buy thick rope chew toys, usually from cheap as chips as they are only about $2 there and soak them in chicken stock for a while so they are completely flavored and then give the dogs one each before going out if I'm going to be gone for extended periods and they work awesome. The dogs love them as they are flavored and the chewing keeps their teeth clean so it's a double win

Same chew problem here with my pups except mine are Border Collies. Come home and the washing is just scattered all over the yard and ripped to pieces!!!!!
I like your idea Troyster, may just have to try that!!!!

well sad and suprising news on arrival home from work today...

the snake has died.... pretty disapointing, as was looking better.

now to find a new stimi before my girlfriends boy comes home from school holidays on sunday... any suggestions of places to look? will have a look over the site sponsors and private sellers.

sux hey....

sorry for ur loss. it looked like it was getting better tho, any idea why it just suddenly died?

Oh I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I was thinking it was going to be a good result too. :(
Remember to make up some excuses for why it can't be handled for a few days... not sure how old her son is.
All the best for the next one. RIP little one.

that sucks mate. Sorry for your loss!!
:(

I would suggest before you get another snake to do a few things, One is to get this new issue of scales and tails and read the article
on viruses and secondly would be to think about what you should do with the enclosure and associated equipment that have been in contact
with the dead snake.

I'm sorry to hear that. Stimigex's advice is good, though. You wouldn't want to get another snake only to have the same thing happen.

Will you get a necropsy done?

Sorry for your loss. I would be questioning the treatment and the diagnosis.
The last pic shows it is still quite inflamed. Poor thing.

Yeh quite surprised, vet and I agreed the last appointment was prob the last injection it was gonna require, as activity level had increased significantly, and yeh was all good this morning when I checked and lifeless when I got home.

Will get my hands on that stimigex, and sterilise everything tonight..

Her boy is 7, due back Sunday and was his birthday present so gonna be a life lesson there!

Oh no! And she was looking to be on the mend too. I'm sorry it didn't turn out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back