"Protected lizard" seized by Police

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
From Facebook

NSW Police Force
‎#Gangs Squad investigators have raided four homes linked to the Rebels outlaw motorcycle gang (OMCG) following investigations into an assault at a hotel in Sydney’s south-west earlier this month.

On 2 June 2012, an unidentified man was allegedly attacked by five men wearing Rebels OMCG colours at a hotel in Spitfire Drive, Raby. The man, who was punched and kicked during the assault, left the pr...emises before police attended.

Following extensive inquiries, officers from the Gang Squad’s Strike Force Raptor raided two homes in Escholl Park, one home at Springfarm and another at Kirkham about 6.45am today (Wednesday 27 June 2012).

At one of the Escholl Park homes, police seized a quantity of steroids and arrested a 26-year-old man alleged to be a member of the Rebels. He was charged with affray; threatening violence; and possess steroids and granted conditional bail to appear at Campbelltown Local Court on 18 July 2012.

At the second Escholl Park home, an amount of amphetamine, a stun gun and a protected lizard were seized by police. The occupant, a 26-year-old alleged member of the Rebels, was arrested later in the day but has been released pending further inquiries.

At Springfarm, police seized an unknown powder and a prescription tablet, and arrested a 26-year-old alleged associate of the Rebels. He was charged with affray; and possess prescribed restricted substance, and granted conditional bail to face Camden Local Court on 16 August 2012.

Inquiries by Strike Force Raptor investigators are continuing and further arrests are anticipated.

Strike Force Raptor was established by State Crime Command’s Gangs Squad in 2009 and is a proactive and high-impact operation targeting outlaw motorcycle gangs and any associated criminal enterprises.

Hmmm. I wonder just exactly what "Protected lizard" means.

Could have been as simple as a BD or a bluey but they didn't have a lic to keep it.

Oh i'd love to see that; big, tough bikie with a bluetongue called mongrel hahaha

If its anything like the response the NPWS gave me on the garden skink I rescued (dog attack, have photo's) "If it can't survive by itself in the wild, it must be destroyed" I was not impressed.

Actually, I could let it go at my place - its just around the corner. in fact, it was probably caught here anyway.

A protected wild caught eastern beardie... it's in the same league as having ice and a stun gun lol

Its a protected species illegally obtained. Kept in substandard conditions in poor health. If they reported the story without the lizard in wouldn't raise an eyebrow on this site so reporting it obviously creates more interest.
Lets face it, if your selling ice you can afford a freeking heat lamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back