first python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree!!! If your there to BUY and not just there for a geez they should be letting you hold for sure! :facepalm: LOTS of places like that, unfortunately
lmao:lol:

I think its a sound practice! Why should every tom, dick and harry get to play with something they doint own!
There is a potential for pathogen and parisite transfer! Hygene and quarantine are something that the new crop (last few years worth) of keepers have no idea about!

We have sold a lot of snakes over the years and no one has been allowed to touch an animal untill its paid for and on its way out the door!

I think its a sound practice! Why should every tom, dick and harry get to play with something they doint own!
There is a potential for pathogen and parisite transfer! Hygene and quarantine are something that the new crop (last few years worth) of keepers have no idea about!

We have sold a lot of snakes over the years and no one has been allowed to touch an animal untill its paid for and on its way out the door!

Fair call.... But if you have your license and are clearly there with interest to buy and not just passing through (as most are) then it should be ok.
I hear you though as you can't have every Tom dick and Harry who comes in holding reptiles but surly breaders / staff can weed out the 'browsers' from the potential buyers. - even if a licence has to be seen.

As a breeder it is a risk not worth taking. Any breeder worth their salt will not allow it.

lol ill just take the hatchling but something with family's just came up can't get her for 10 weeks:( oh,well but i won't sleep until then lol.

oh no even worse mums just had a night mare about the python smashing the glass and killing her can't get her anymore spose to be for b-day oh,well anyone else know a good lizard

Lizards need a lot more looking after than snakes, so be sure to do your research if you're getting a lizard :)

As for the python smashing the glass........... An antaresia would likely cave it's own head in before the glass gave way :p Even if it did get out, I would very highly doubt that one has ever killed someone.

exactly but its my mum........... so yea but will be getting breeding pair of knobies so thats ok and thats what i told my mum that snakes are easier to look after than lizards oh,well maybe next year

Fair call.... But if you have your license and are clearly there with interest to buy and not just passing through (as most are) then it should be ok.
I hear you though as you can't have every Tom dick and Harry who comes in holding reptiles but surly breaders / staff can weed out the 'browsers' from the potential buyers. - even if a licence has to be seen.

i feel its not a matter of 'browsers' from the potential buyers its more a matter of if they have been handling their own pythons that they could then carry onto your own stock as a breeder/keeper .... I know of people that if they have been out and about around other reptiles will strip off their clothes in the garage and shower with antibac soap before even going into their own home and collection

I paid for mine 3 weeks before my license actually came through so i was down there every day patting her. I get they don't want time wasters but I'd already paid in full.
I'm saying you should be allowed once you've committed not that everyone should be able to pat your snake. in fact I got annoyed because whilst I was at work the guy let a kid hold my python cus it was the friendliest (cus I spent so much time with it!). I was just annoyed cus I'd paid for her and some kid was there saying "i like that one! mummy I wanna get that one I held it before!" I was like "kid....don't make me fight you for it...I will."

Take your mum down to reptile city and let her see how small a children's are, the guys down there are really good and let me handle before I bought. They made me use their special hand cleaner before doing do.

yea i did that and she said yes but it was the nightmare even though it's impossible that a childrens could do that and she does kinda like reptile city the guys there are really helpful but she had the nightmare maybe if i buy the whole package my self and not half maybe because i just moved out all my animals out into the shed it's a massive shed but i'm getting knobies instead so that'll be cool the package costs $649.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back