Samsung galaxy vs iphone

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I only use my phn for calls but it has to be bullet and waterproof . On the other hand I keep my teenage daughters in phns , I get them free on my business plans . They both had i-phones which they smashed over the next 12 mths . Then they changed to Galaxy s2 and Blackberry bold , much better phones as far as hardiness goes . My 18 yr old insists on carrying her s2 in her bra and I have seen it hit the floor 5-6 times without a scratch . Never get an i-fragile again .

I bet they wouldn't be so quick to be stupid with their phones if they had to pay for them, themselves eh?
you're spoiling your children too much, make them work for their crap ;)

*waits for predictable "don't thell me how to raise my children!"* hehe

I also love the pro apple fanboys now attacking android like they do pc lol, such entertainment :D

I think Samsung has taken a step beyond apple now, I moved from iphones to Samsung with the SII came out and have never looked back. After playing with the new S3, I have ordered one, should arrive sometime this week. It is brilliant!

I chose the HTC oneX

I must say, apart from it getting hot over the super quick processor after a while of playing games, and super quality Beats audio and the loudness the speakers can handle, the super bright and clear screen, the easy to use functions of the phone...

It's pretty good.

In my opinion, still the best phone... Nokia 3310/3315

The S3 seems to have developed an issue where the batteries are exploding close to the charging socket.

It's actually only one phone in Ireland that's gotten blown way out of proportion :lol: As it turned out, he'd plugged it into a third party car charger built for an SII and some of the circuiting blew.

I just got the s3 today and it is pretty amazing. Iv played around with the iphone 4s and no way enjoyed it as much.
The s3 is such a good phone.

I think the wisest thing would be to wait for a couple more months to see what the iphone 5 has to offer, as the galaxy s3 is apples main competiton and nobody has any idea what apple have in store, people will be kicking themselves if they get the galaxy s3 now and apple comes out with something better and if not then no big deal, its only a couple more months!

Gotta love technology, its a wonderful thing!

Last edited:
Just to add the the 47 posts without reading half of them :p

I personally use the Samsung Galaxy S2, have been using it for about a year and I can say it's the best phone I've had since my old Nokia in every regard including durability.
I don't like the iPhone or Apple products simply due to the inability of customisation and myself preferring to make things how I want them. From simple things of the lack of flash player on Apple products to overhauling the OS.

Long story short, the Galaxy is better for performance and general multi tasking capabilities. It's easier to break settings than the iPhone and it has shorter battery life (MARGINALLY-- but which smart phone doesn't NEED to be charged at least every 2 days?)

I'm very anti-apple but when it comes to just about everything apart from phones. I'd go for what ever is the best at the time for what I want to use it for, encompassing price, technology and provider.
Apple tends to overprice old technology in a fancy case and the iPhone is a clear-cut example of their abilities to make a person pay twice for a product which is pretty much the same. They've been doing it for years, though I wont try to turn this into an apple-hate thread :p

I think go for the Galaxy (s3). I've heard nothing but awesomeness about that phone.
In the end it's just a phone and who really cares as long as you can make a call /txt haha

True, but I think we can all agree that a non jailbroken iOS is the safest mobile operating system for the non tech savvy.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing that the iPhone is the best smartphone. They all have their pros an cons and they all meet different needs.

no

Last edited:
I don't think you have ANY chance at all that the iphone 5 will even come close to the s3, but it remains to be seen I guess.

It baffles me how people can disagree with my statement that iOS is the safest mobile operating system. Can somebody explain to me how android is safer than iOS?

it's not, but, it's also no where near as configurable either, IOS is a locked os, android is open source, and has quite a large community that creates customised OS rebuilds and opens far more innovation.
for the end user, that may not matter much for your base user, but a LOT of people like to fiddle and streamline.

Take a look at cyanogen OS, it is amazing how much more you can do with your device when it's opened up (no more phone company locking on apps or branding or other crap), sure, it brings increased risks, but that also opens markets for security firms to help protect and cover you while you get a lot more ability in your device.

I personally want to be able to do what I wish to on my phone and tablet over being restricted and "safe(er)" and so do a lot of other people.

Thank you! I agree completely, Android is 1000 times more customisable than iOS, and a lot of people like to be able to customise their phone. I just happen to be one person that doesn't, and iOS meets my needs better than an Android. One of the pros of Android is customisation and one of the pros of iOS is safety and security. They both have many pros and cons and they're both excellent OS's in their own right.

Different phones suit different people. There is no 'better' phone, it all depends on your needs and preferences.

at the same time, IOS isn't without it's risks.
Cracks appear in face of Apple's iOS security - Technology & science - Security - msnbc.com

Paul Morris of tech site Redmond Pie jokingly dubbed February “the month of the iOS security bugs,” referring to a glut of newly discovered cracks and exploits. Several such exploits were discovered and reported by Ade Barkah on his tech blog, Peekay, including a method of gaining access to contacts and photos — and even making outgoing FaceTime calls — on a locked iPhone with Voice Dial disabled.

as the iphone is now so popular, it's only a matter of time before the field starts evening in security stakes, IOS will never be as vulnerable though, but still not "safe" as any technology that allows user interaction through apps will always allow someone the potential to find a flaw and exploit it, you just have to keep up to date on these things lest you become a victim at some stage.

I'm not into the whole android/iPhone debate but I thought this was funny...

3a6af58f-4cbf-39e0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back