Bengal cat enclosure (lots a pics)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justdragons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Gday guys and gals, just thought id show you what i have been up to with my arvos lately.

About a month ago we got a beautiful male bengal cat from a member here on aps, great little guy named ringo.
now ringo being a 3 1/2kg feline is quite large and as most animals want to, is alwyas pushing to be let outside. we were asked by the previous owner to not let him outside as he has always been an inside cat and due to the almost wild and fearless nature of these cats to please keep him as an inside cat.

Now i do not believe in letting cats roam free to kill wild life and dig poo in to others yards so we decided it be fitting to build a cat run.

down the side of our house we had a void (that i wanted to fill with moniters but got knocked back by the boss) so we used it to build against. the run measures 4200mm x 1150mm x 2000mm and has a lazerlite roof and 3mm thick 50mm x 50mm welded mesh on 70 x 45mm timber natural pine wall frames. we have a lockable cat door from inside the computer room in our house through to the run so he can come in and out as he pleases, but he hasnt spent any time out side before so he spent most of last night outside climbing the walls. i will be putting alot of big knotted ropes around and platforms with big balls on ropes from the roof and a large sand box one end. if you have any other ideas of things he might like to play with lemme know.

I also understand that its a little out of square and one wall is a little on the piss but thats waht you get building in the rain and dark each night as i get home once dark and we couldnt have our stroppy cat break anything else cause he wanned to go out.. lol

Keep in miind still gotta paint and decorate

From inside VVVV

• 7492015322_809aeca58e_z.jpg

Looking through the cat door VVVVV

7492012402_9fa3ff5980_z.jpg

7492007784_1e530c2438_z.jpg

From outside corner (can you spot the cat??) VVVVV

[h=1]
7492019292_67cfe28307_z.jpg

7492028112_5ed3769d3f_z.jpg

7492034074_6435e039cd_z.jpg

:) cheers Toby

[/h]

Very cool.Im told bengals are awesome cats.next best thing to an African serval.Im hoping to get a outdoor run for our 3 cats soon.

he is unreal, like no cat ive ever seen before.. loves water, like really really loves it and his fur is the most amazing thick pelt coat. we used to have a burmese that was amazing too but ringo has alot more attitude and being so big if he wants to push something it goes over.. lol

Lovely setup, i'd love to own a Bengal one day!

Apparently they are one of the better cats - along with the rex types - for allergy suffers as don't have as much of the irritant enzyme in their saliva due to their wilder origins! =)

Looks awesome and so does the Cat!!!!
Perhaps add some thick branches but very cool idea!!!!

cheers red-ink, i rekon its a must.

In the pics there is a cat tower ive chucked together too but im not sure how the pros put on the carpet. anyone ever done this??

Love this!

I have 2 bengals too an they would adore it!
One lucky cat you have there. Mine have to be content with a daily run in the backyard on a leash.

Vixen, my partner is a pretty big sufferer of hayfever but he can put his face up to our cat without any problems.

Toby I think you'll end up wanting another...:D We started with one but we found that he needed more stimulation- hes a very social boy. Plus my partner fell so much in love with him that he had to get one for himself lol

The downside of bengals is that you can spend a whole day playing fetch :lol:

Last edited:
Love this!

I have 2 bengals too an they would adore it!
One lucky cat you have there. Mine have to be content with a daily run in the backyard on a leash.

Vixen, my partner is a pretty big sufferer of hayfever but he can put his face up to our cat without any problems.

Toby I think you'll end up wanting another...:D We started with one but we found that he needed more stimulation- hes a very social boy. Plus my partner fell so much in love with him that he had to get one for himself lol

The downside of bengals is that you can spend a whole day playing fetch :lol:

Look at your avatar.. thats so friggen cute :). yeah we were walking him on a leash around the yard but its a painfull process because he has to stop and roll on everything and then chew every bit of grass and smell everything lol so i rekon ill just always change around the furniture in the run and put different plants and stuff in there. i hope he starts using the sand box i put out there though because they pee like a fire hydrant and poo like an elephant. but yea very unique.. you have any pics of your two??

Use a staple gun.

Nice run though.

you think he might pull the staples out?? he is quite large and stands a meter at full stretch as you can see in the 4th pic. the noggin is at 1m.... ?

Can u put up more pics of the bengal? Anyone else with bangals chuck em up!

i bet Ringo just loves it , you did a great job, id love one but with 4 inside parrots i cant take the risk.

Look at your avatar.. thats so friggen cute :). yeah we were walking him on a leash around the yard but its a painfull process because he has to stop and roll on everything and then chew every bit of grass and smell everything lol so i rekon ill just always change around the furniture in the run and put different plants and stuff in there. i hope he starts using the sand box i put out there though because they pee like a fire hydrant and poo like an elephant. but yea very unique.. you have any pics of your two??

you think he might pull the staples out?? he is quite large and stands a meter at full stretch as you can see in the 4th pic. the noggin is at 1m.... ?

Lol sounds about right. We dont have a big backyard so I just drop the leash and let them chase each other. They dont go anywhere - when they know im watching:lol:

These are my two. We got the brown guy first, followed by the grey/silver a couple of months later.

imagenxr.jpg

imageoany.jpg

imageigs.jpg

imagexvd.jpg

I can't remember if you said how old your guy was?

Very cool run!! I like it that more and more people are getting responsible and considerate with their cats, if only the remainder had the same attitude!!

I don't want to poo poo anything at all but is that pot plant safe for cats? I can't really tell what it is but I know some plant can be lethal/dangerous for cats.

You have also sold me on Bengals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back