No Name Creek (first look)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you do no wrong no-one gets upset. This is still the Territory.

Where would you send the cops anyway? "there's some bastard on my ( 1/2 million km) property! Spend a week finding them in case they're up to no good" :D

Heaven on earth does exist. Looking forward to the next instalment Steve thanks for sharing mate.

Freshwater crabs are such interesting little things, used to keep the inland qld form years ago, such a hard thing to find these days would be interested at seeing how they differ from the Qld form of freshwater crabs.

Last edited:
They'll be Holthusiana sp. I'm guessing. There are at least 3 types (species?) up here but no-one has done the science. There is a completely different type (genus?) in the Adelaide River catchment.

What a golden find, Steve. And that water *almost* looks good enough to swim in. :lol:

You should name it Steve's Creek.

I quite like No Name Ck., it's been called that for the last 25 years! The aboriginal group who lived in this area were wiped out in the 1880's when the Station was established. (They were spearing the cattle & horses). So we cant ask them. My mate was first in so we will discuss it when we are in there (looks like next week now).

A previously discovered Creek we named Pollen Face Creek. I had introduced the two ladies who came in with me on the first trip to the delights of sucking the nectar out of fern leaf grevillea flowers (grevillia pteridifolia). When I looked around 1/2 hour later there were two canary yellow faces looking back at me. Their faces were covered in pollen!

What a golden find, Steve. And that water *almost* looks good enough to swim in. :lol:

It is good enough to swim (if only it would warm up a bit! It's getting down to 6 degrees overnight in these gorges at the moment). There are no salties (see earlier post.) I will certainly be taking the goggles in when we go!

Last edited:
Yep goggles are a must, we forgot to take some when we went swimming up there. So disappointed I couldn't see clearly, I did take my underwater camera do I got some pics but it would have been better to see what I was taking the pic of lol.

As you do!

Agreed Abnrml, when you get the chance to snorkel up here safely- you take it!

A couple of shots from a sister creek 50km to the north.

I found this one (on a map and walked in 25 years ago). 10 years ago someone else found it. Now it is crowded, tracks and rubbish everywhere. It's become popular with interstate 4WD clubs who run generators all night and even whipper snip the grass (morons).

P1000049.jpg
P1000059.jpg

On the right hand side of the 1st pic is a very old faded painting of a half human/ half kangaroo woman- this spot is known as kangaroo woman hole. Nearby are boomerang and yam paintings which date at 20,000+ years old. There will be similar in No Name!

My goodness that looks like paradise! Lets hope it stays that way.

You are a truly fortunate human being....Keep it under your hat..:)

She would be perfect if she didnt lock him in the house every morning to stop him running away??????

Amazing fact number 1) He gave me his key's (should have realised his house keys were on it.)
Amazing fact number 2) Locked inside all day and still did no housework.
Amazing fact number 3) She IS perfect : )

and number 4) he only runs when he is being chased by large bovines.

response

1 never gave her the keys, they were where I left them
2 did the 3 day's dishes and fixed the eski
3 she is perfect
4 also run from coastal taipans when I'm on their turf in breeding season

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back