To shed or not to shed?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NuKL7

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just wanting to know a quick question about my juv bredli,she was due for a shed last month and nothing has happened yet. When she gets into her shedding cycle her attitude changes overnight, she gets way more tense and angry at the world, it is approaching two weeks now since i realised that she has started her shed cycle. I read up that it could last for up to 3 weeks? but my main concern is that it seems like she doesn't want to shed any more, her skin is not as dull as before and her temper has gotten better. So my question was, should i be worried?

Oh and i wanted to know if the snakes eyes stay milky for long and if it has to be dominant? Last time she shed i could barely tell that her eyes went milky it was so feint and this time i couldn't see it. Im quite sure she is in her cycle though since the last time she shed was a month and a half ago and she is roughly 5 months old.

Nuttanai

She'll shed, leave her be to do what she knows how to do. Worry wart : )

Yeah just let her be mate. One of my Bredli has a cycle of about 3 -5 days usually, but shed yesterday after an almost 2 week cycle. It's not going to harm or bother them in any way and they know when they're ready and will just do it...

Last edited:
Lol thanks guys :lol: best to be sure! Cant wait to compare her new and old skins to see how much she has grown.

Each snake has it's own shedding schedule, my female jungle looks dull for weeks, then gets cloudy eyes and sheds a week or two later. My woma on the other hand sheds in a week start to finish. As others have said it'll shed it is own time, snakes have been shedding for millions of years no need to stress

my coastal always takes ages from when he starts to dull up before he goes blue then he takes around 10 days sometimes longer to actually shed , also not being picky but comparing shed sizes will only get you a really rough idea of how much she has grown as the shed can sometimes be stretched alot sometimes just a little so her last shed could alot smaller than this one if she stretches the new one more than the old and vice versa , best off trying to get a rough estimate with a tape measure and the actual snake , i learnt a good trick from someone on here , they said to either put them up against a wall and most of the time they will straighten out along the wall (not always though ) and then measure them or if you see your snake moving around in its enclosure and it straightens itself out make a mental note of how far they stretched along and measure that ( this works good for me ) hope that helps
cheers thomas

Cheers guys! it's good to know that she isn't the only one.

I think i'll try the wall trick, cheers thomas :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back