From this to this.Scrubbies new enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol I was being sarcastic ;) I will admit a scrubbie is definitely not the type of snake for me! I did see a placid one once though- a male that was being used for demonstrations in a shopping center- I was quite surprised when I saw him to be honest! I suppose it is down to the individual.. but.. still!

I'll also add, I did laugh at some of the other comments on here- things like telling your drunk mates the loo's "just in there" or telling the mother in law its a cupboard.. hehehe

Lol I was being sarcastic ;) I will admit a scrubbie is definitely not the type of snake for me! I did see a placid one once though- a male that was being used for demonstrations in a shopping center- I was quite surprised when I saw him to be honest! I suppose it is down to the individual.. but.. still!

I'll also add, I did laugh at some of the other comments on here- things like telling your drunk mates the loo's "just in there" or telling the mother in law its a cupboard.. hehehe

LOL oh you big chicken .My girl has settled down quiet a lot compared to when i first got her .Now it's only every second day she wants to kill me .Donated my fair share of blood to her .Places bitten ---- legs ,arms ,chest,back ,elbow, back of the neck and a lot of near misses to the face .She has a nice trait where she goes for the face and i'm not talking a little strike pose it's a full on wide open mouth shot .So yeah unreal snake to own.

Lol perhaps I could be called a wuss when it comes to an aggressive python that size, but in my defence I'm sure a lot of people would be ;) I don't mind snakes that size, if they aren't aggressive lol!

On the flip side, bet she keeps ya on your toes aye? hehe

Nice job mate. You have really out done yourself on that one

Thanks mate .This is the 4th enclosure i have done but this is the biggest and best .Really turned out well and pleased with it .Not bad for someone that hated woodwork at school and has no patience when it comes to fiddly stuff plus i drive machinery and work in the concrete industry so woodworking is not my forte LOL .

View attachment 257737View attachment 257738

Yeah she owns the place now .Im in for some fun times when it comes to getting her out and cleaning .The kids did a video of me in the enclosure with my helmet and bike jacket on for protection and true to her attitude she did make a half hearted lunge for me as i was getting out of the enclosure .Ónly a silly person would get into a confined area with her without some sort of protection lol .

Ahhh so refreshing to hear a sensible person speak about owning a pet. I get so tired of guys who "Like to encourage their dogs to be vicious cus they somehow thinks it makes them tougher" when it's really inversely proportionate (untrained dog=stupid owner). So kudos to you for not being a tool. and kudos for being able to handle her like you do. I seriously want my own scrubby one day....haven't told the bf this yet though, he's still afraid of my 2m coastal...maybe when I buy a hatchling scrubbie i can pretend it's something else (he won't know) and then be like "Why is she still growing? Maybe her thyroid is playing up..." hahaha

Ahhh so refreshing to hear a sensible person speak about owning a pet. I get so tired of guys who "Like to encourage their dogs to be vicious cus they somehow thinks it makes them tougher" when it's really inversely proportionate (untrained dog=stupid owner). So kudos to you for not being a tool. and kudos for being able to handle her like you do. I seriously want my own scrubby one day....haven't told the bf this yet though, he's still afraid of my 2m coastal...maybe when I buy a hatchling scrubbie i can pretend it's something else (he won't know) and then be like "Why is she still growing? Maybe her thyroid is playing up..." hahaha

20120701_151602.jpgDSC05583.jpgDSC05566.jpgDSC05591.jpg

Now if only i could get a reticulated python .Scrubby is the only one to cause dramas in the houshold.The Olive and the Coastal are real pussy cats along with the others i have .Quiet a few people own placid Scrubs so yes they are out there but i do know of a few cases where they to have turned on their owners out of the blue aswell .Treat them with a healthy dose of respect and i believe you can't go wrong with owning one .

View attachment 257864View attachment 257865View attachment 257866View attachment 257867

Now if only i could get a reticulated python .Scrubby is the only one to cause dramas in the houshold.The Olive and the Coastal are real pussy cats along with the others i have .Quiet a few people own placid Scrubs so yes they are out there but i do know of a few cases where they to have turned on their owners out of the blue aswell .Treat them with a healthy dose of respect and i believe you can't go wrong with owning one .

Hahaha I've actually already sticky nosed at these pics on the coastal thread and when I saw your name again I was like "damn this dude has MY future collection!" Yeah I cannot believe how placid my coastal is, i definitely think it's their nature and I'm really hoping she gets as big as yours! Stunning!
I guess thats like every animal though, I've swum with sharks and rays and played with big dogs...to this day the only thing that scares me is Gorillas! Oh and horses. You can't trust a horse.
Well I'll def keep you in mind so you can expect a pm in 3 years saying "OH NO! My scrubby just bit my bf how do I convince him it was in good humour???!"
Ok back to work. Have a great day and thanks for those pics. definitely envious.

20120703_172023.jpg20120703_182723.jpg20120703_183014.jpg

Well the girl just got a new bedroom for her new enclosure and she has settled into it quiet well .Put a heat cord and thermostat probe into the floor for those cold nights lol .

20120703_172023.jpg

20120703_182723.jpg

20120703_183014.jpg

what happened to the dog?

wait i think i just seen a slight bulge in one of those pics :)

:lol: absolute gold!! I cant wait to see the 'DIY Rock wall' thread for this enclosure ;) It could double as a bouldering cave!!

View attachment 257901View attachment 257902View attachment 257903

Well the girl just got a new bedroom for her new enclosure and she has settled into it quiet well .Put a heat cord and thermostat probe into the floor for those cold nights lol .

Oh my goodness! If that naughty snake bites you again, after you have built her such a palace, you just tell her that there are homeless snakes in Africa who would give their right fang for a house like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back